I guess I must sadly say farewell to my Tablo [SOLVED]

HI Scott, just saw your still having issues. I hope they send brandon. good luck.

I never heard back from them yesterday. Hopefully they will come out today. I may have to give another call. If I do, I will ask if there is any way I can get Brandon.

Do you know that special they aired on ABC Wednesday night, the remake of
“All in the Family” and “The Jeffersons”? I recorded that to watch later. It is so plagued with noise and pixelation it is impossible to watch. It aired 8:00-9:30pm.

It seems my evening problems start around 6:30-7:00pm and can extend until around 9:00pm.

No, I didn’t see the show. Im not sure its antenna issue, if its not any other time other than certain times, then I would check internet speed at those times. I found buffering at those times, but no other times, found internet speed dropped at peak times, I changed out the modem with comcast and it was better. im thinking your issue may be not antenna but internet. I also changed a few of my cable cords that were not rg6 to rg6 quad for better signal protection from electric wires near them. also hard wired ethernet to devices instead of wi fi from apple to router , and wired tablo not using wi fi from that either.anyway call first thing today to have it looked at.

did you try directly to tv not thru tablo during those times?

Im sure those shows will be on the networks on demand site soon after it aired

Shouldn’t really be related to actual internet speeds, particularly the recording itself, because it should be recording directly from the tuner to the attached hard drive.

I agree, in this case it shouldn’t be related to Internet.

I have Tablo support monitoring it now. He said that it isn’t a good test to compare direct to TV versus Tablo as the Tablo will indeed require a cleaner stronger signal which can result in pixelated shows in the Tablo that will look good on the TV. The reason is Tablo needs a cleaner signal in order to create the codecs for the recording (keep in mind that even live viewing on Tablo is still a recording as it writes first to the hard drive). Unfortunately, right now BC is showing a quality of 97 out of 100, which is really good.

I also have International Satellite and Antenna here now checking the antenna direction and signal strength. It might be a real problem to try and resolve as the issues is most problematic in the morning and evenings. The antenna guy asked if maybe someone nearby has a HAM radio, which I have no idea.

I will give that a try too if the issue isn’t resolved, but like I was told by Tablo support, it is much different to watch on TV versus going through Tablo simply because Tablo requires a cleaner signal to create the codecs.

In the old days you could tell where the “hammies” were by the antenna sticking up.

It might still be possible, but would it have to be close enough for me to see it from my house?

And would I know for sure to identify it if I could see it? LOL

They sent Tom again.

Tom said he had originally pointed my antenna more toward the east in order to get a stronger reception for NBC. I guess NBC has a repeater to the east which is closer to us. He redirected the antenna today to point more to the east-southeast so it is more directed toward the cluster of towers in Orlando. I also see on the antenna pole what I believe is the amplifier. Oddly, I know it had an amplifier before, but I didn’t see it like I do now. Hmmmm…

Better now?

Time will tell… My worst TV viewing has been in the evening hours but still problems in the mornings somewhat too. I guess we’ll see tonight. I’ll try and watch Jeopardy as it starts giving fits along about that time.

ahh yes, same here, a little off of nbc/ me tv. that’s what they had to do here.A thunderstorm pixilates nbc and there subs, making them unwatchable until storm passes. no other channels effected.nbc is a tad off of all others.clear weather they all come in clear.

The word back to me from Tablo support is now most all channels have excellent reception, FOX might be a bit over tuned, and NBC really didn’t change. I am holding up high hopes that the antenna adjustment made today will resolve the problems we were seeing.

I’ll know if it is indeed better tonight around 7:00pm.

Are you folks in The Villages getting Ch 26, WOTF-DT , (RF 49, UHF ) located in Orange City?

This channel now carries Court TV. It is the opposite direction of the Orlando antenna farm for me but comes in clear at night and early morning. I get some pixelation in the heat of the afternoon.
The Antop 400BV is a great antenna picking this up from the “back side” of the antenna.

yes im getting court tv 26-5. it was just added under charge tv and comet tv. must be getting from orlando as that is where the max4 is pointed. I do not think that antenna picks up back side.

It doesn’t do well from the back side. It rejects and if my memory is correct it does that to cut down on multipath.

Yes your correct. I have a issue, every so often there is a time line that shows up on my screen not actually buffering , but annoying. im running on apple tv 4k on the tablo quad. disconnected fast startup, rg6 connected ethernet hardwired both. not sure what causes that. any ideas? only thing left is to buy my own router, current renting from comcast.

It is in Orange City: