I guess I must sadly say farewell to my Tablo [SOLVED]

Cite these cases, and we send our love.

Joe, I start a thread on this topic back in May:

HOA, OTARD and Outdoor Antenna Installation Rules

Can you please post any case citations to that thread that would have binding or persuasive authority so folks have access to them in one place?

Thanks.

Tabloscott, I believe that your Sony XBR65X930E has a signal meter. It is hard to find.

1. Hit the Help key on your remote
  2. Scroll down to Trouble shooting and System Information
  3. Scroll over to Signal Diagnostics

It will show the Signal Strength, physical channel, frequency, modulation, status, errors, and SNR in dB for the current channel. Unfortunately you can not change the channel while you are on this screen. So you need to select the channel you want info on before bringing up this screen.

@Dweber I actually have the Sony XBR65X930D, not sure what the difference in the “E” versus “D” is though. From one page I visited it doesn’t appear there is much difference.

Thank you, I will take a look today, but I thought I had already searched all throughout that area.

OK, I did find it. Wow! It was indeed hidden quite well. I first Saw Troubleshooting, but had no clue you could scroll down even further and there was the Troubleshooting and System Information. Why do they need two troubleshooting selections?

Now I have to decide if it is worth going through the hassle. As you probably know, these TVs have those panels on the back which are very difficult to get put back on when you can only do so by leaning from the front, and reaching around. Too bad you weren’t on this thread a month ago. LOL

Thank you again! Now I know where to find it, and like you said, it looks like you can only do one channel at a time and have to exit to check another channel.

Do you know if my LG has a signal strength detector?

Settings > All Settings > Channels > Channel Tuning > Manual Tuning > Antenna DTV

That will superimpose a channel selector screen on the left, and on the right, showing “Signal Strength” and “Signal Quality.” Note that the Channel number is the “real” channel, not the virtual number that is broadcast by the station.

This is for webOS version 3.8.0 running on 5.80.15 firmware, but should be similar on earlier versions.

Thank you for the information!

The signal strength meter is probably the poorest documented feature on a tv. I was surprised how many have this feature when I was researching a new tv but it was hard to isolate features of specific models. Best Buy was no help and wrong over half the time I asked a question. Based on advice from this forum, I picked an LG, then had the LG help desk verify the meter was on the model that I was buying.

My first lesson when I started using a built in meter was that you had to enter the virtual channel and not the TV channel to get a reading. I was surprised when I could not find the current RF channel on TV Fool for some of my stations and then I found the LG lets you page through the RF channels in the meter and gives you the TV channel and call sign for each scanned channel on your TV. My old Sharp would let you tune to a channel and the RF channel for that channel would be displayed when you went to the meter.

I have this same notation in my password log because I forget it before the next time that I need it and LG has one of the simplest menu structure of any TV.

You forgot the end part:
Settings > All Settings > Channels > Channel Tuning > Manual Tuning > Antenna DTV -> Ends of the Earth