How to get Tablo Community assistence

@TabloTV, @TabloSupport, @TabloCommunity
I know tablo has support topics going back years. It almost seems you could use sticky or in dbot’s welcome or whatever option discourse provides a “form” for struggling users or for those assisting them.

Just read another “it’s not working, I pressed/click everything it said… but nothing works - what do I do?” type of question. I’m sure when they asked they thought “what more do they need to know”.

Of course, that is virtually meaningless. Probably first few things they’ll be asked;
which device do you use
wifi or wired [RJ45 is NOT hardwired]
connectivity for ‘watching’ devices/apps
what does not work? -power?
what specifically have you tried?

These are just a few examples. There are some Tablo Community member with varying skills for helping and sharing with others. But not everyone has the same skills for getting the right info to efficiently trouble shoot.

Of course, none of this discounts the competent Tablo Help and Tech Support (weekdays during business hours)

1 Like

Another example would be routers. A router that supports 802.11AC gives best results than one that doesn’t.

I have a cable modem that supports the bandwidth I’m paying for. Connected to router by CAT-6. I have my Tablo and Roku wireless.

Or, to be more accurate, a wireless access point that supports 802.11AC gives best results than one that doesn’t. My modem, router, and WAP(s) are all separate.

1 Like

My router and cable modem are separate but the AP is on the router. I always recommend sepeeate router and cable modem, so when technology changes only what has changed needs to be replaced.

Sure, but not all tablo’s support AC or all “viewing” devices and CAT-5e supports up 1 gigabit transfer rate. More or overkill isn’t always better but there’s always get the best you can afford approach… generally it doesn’t hurt.

FYI I’ve had my Tablo 3 or 4 years. All the amazing updates made since I purchased it. 2 TB used to be the largest harddrive supported. Tablo is embedded Linux. I’m also a beta tester and have found some problems prior to general release.

I was just commenting, sure a wifi router/access point supporting 5MHz 802.11AC is great especially for multimedia transmission. While it’s virtually useless if there are no clients supporting the AC protocol. Referencing supporting tablo devices.

and I haven’t seen any mention or link to any open source license, GPL or the other FOSS used to make tablo work. Even mighty Google acknowledges it’s use of the linux kernel in it’s android system and buried in “About” you’ll find some legal notes.