How can I stop recording the extra 5 minutes of all shows

So moral of the story is everyone go get your friends, brothers, sisters and your mom to buy a Tablo. Pls & Ty.

So Iā€™m surprised to hear that this only happens when the tuner isnā€™t needed. I have the following situation:

I record Jeopardy every day from 7:30 to 8:00

On Thursdays I also record Big Bang Theory from 8:00 to 8:30 and Greyā€™s Anatomy from 8:00 to 9:00.

Twice recently, Iā€™ve had either Big Bang, or Greyā€™s Anatomy fail to record due to ā€œNo tuner availableā€. I havenā€™t been able to figure out why, but I figured it had to do with Jeopardy recording an extra 5 minutes (Especially frustrating since Jeopardy and Big Bang Theory are on the same channel).

Looking back, Jeopardy did record the extra 5 minutes last Thursday and Greyā€™s Anatomy didnā€™t record due to no tuner available.

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?

No this should never happen, it hasnā€™t for me. The next show takes priority over the extra 5 minutes.

Check you scheduled conflicts, pretty sure Greyā€™s anatomy starts off a minute and it causes issues for some of my recordings as well

No conflicts are listed. I made sure to check after the first time it happened. Greyā€™s Anatomy is listed as being 8:00 to 9:00. I assume that if it were scheduled to be off by a minute it would say so.

Also, the first time this happened, it was Big Bang Theory that didnā€™t record due to no tuner available. The second time it was Greyā€™s Anatomy.

Iā€™m likely to go with the work-around of setting up a manual recording for Jeopardy, but there are two reason Iā€™d rather not:

1. Iā€™d like to know what is going on so that I wonā€™t have this happen for other recordings.
  2. Sometimes Jeopardy is preempted, and then airs from something like 1:35 to 2:05 am. Iā€™d like to be able to see it in these cases.

2 tuner I assume?

If there are only two shows scheduled you should not get this error. If there are 3 and one does start a minute early you would have a conflict. But if you are not seeing a conflict at all then that is a different issue all together. Unless you are trying to watch remotely at the time, then that uses a tuner, but the recording should override that tooā€¦

yes, 2-tuner. And yes, no conflict is reported, so something else is gong on. Iā€™m gong to see what happens tomorrow.

Might want to open a ticket right away and PM them here also if it happens again, just to get Tablo invloved

If manual recording is THE ANSWER than why should you pay for the EPG? You can get a schedule, and sometimes (like currently) from Titan TV (they are the only guide provider that had RTVE and REVN scheduleā€¦everyone else says not available) I know NBC Nightly News is live, but ends on time. Extend per show is the answer most of us would like. I wonder if that or 5.1 sound will be first.

Why are you responding to me over a year later?

Didnā€™t look at date and the software had the message near another one I was reading. Why canā€™t these messages over a year old be archived instead of one big message base?

@Justin_Rogers Weā€™d be able to see what happened if we can set up a remote session. Feel free to send our support team a ticket and we can check out your Tabloā€™s logs.

This extra 5 minutes has made recording childrenā€™s shows pretty useless, they donā€™t like getting 5 minutes into a show and it cutting off.

So the superior experience is to set up recordings manually? Niceā€¦

This a three year old thread, so please be aware of dates when posting.

This behavior is also expected to change in the next firmware release very soon.

Or maybe the option to set this number of minutes is more user selectable in an upcoming updateā€¦patience.

I have infinite patience. I havenā€™t seen any feature change I find interesting since the recording quality setting change in 2.2.6. Lots of bug fixes.

Of course one feature would be to able to pass/defer on the firmware upgrade until some distant future.