Help with Roku preview application

I have installed the new preview application on two Roku both say failed to connect to tablo. I have also installed on a Fire TV and that works fine, the legacy application on the Roku also work.

I have updated the Roku running 6.2 build 3332
I also update the Tablo that is running 2.1.28
I also rebooted multiple times the update was over 24 hours ago still not working

Any advice please

Some people have had to wait 10-30 minutes and then it worked. have you tried it again?

The .28 update has to rebuild the database. After 60 min, reboot your Tablo and Rokus.

Give it another try.

I did the update 24 hours ago and left it, still not working rebooted everything today and still same problem i only had 800gb of video strored mostly films.

i also removed the channel and reinstalled not working now on 3 roku but is working in fire tv

Another update i did a full hard reset of the tablo issue still there fire tv and old roku client work new roku client does not.

I would have hard reset the Rokus first.

1. Delete both Tablo channels from Roku, reboot it, then install the Tablo Preview channel.

2. If that doesn’t work then factory reset your Roku please.

3. Have you rebooted your router through all of this?

4. Can you please double check the Settings page on the Tablo from say the Chrome browser or iPad and confirm the firmware is in fact .28? I am curious if the update failed.

I would have hard reset the Rokus first.

1. Delete both Tablo channels from Roku, reboot it, then install the Tablo Preview channel.

2. If that doesn’t work then factory reset your Roku please.

3. Have you rebooted your router through all of this?

4. Can you please double check the Settings page on the Tablo from say the Chrome browser or iPad and confirm the firmware is in fact .28? I am curious if the update failed.

Did all of the above this morning tablo shows 2.1.28 as version shut down all network devices blanked the Roku rebooted router and hard reset and blanked tablo same problem preview channel shows tablo-quad on launch but when i select it says failed to connect to tablo. Also i have 3 Roku doing the same, they are all hard wired, old client works amazan fire tv works.

Does anyone have any other ideas i am at a loss?

Thanks

Please explain your network setup.

My Roku 3 using both the old channel and new Preview channel find the Tablo just fine.

2 linksys gigabyte switches connected together connecting to a netgear nighthawk R8000 router, but the router is not in the picture as the roku and tablo are on the same switch everything is gigabyte where supported. I have 5 Roku none seeing the tablo on the new client all seeing the tablo on the old client and the amazan fire tv sees the tablo.

folks i never resolved this i have put the roku on the same switch as the tablo nothing else connected still same issue with 3 different Roku, new client can not see tablo old client can?

@rift not as a permanent solution, but for troubleshooting purposes have you thought to connect your tablo wireless to your nighthawk router? Not sure if it will accomplish anything, but I continue to see your thread and wish to help if possible.

I just moved the tablo to connect direct to the router still same problem, but thanks for the idea.

Do you have a funky subnet for your internal network? Or just the standard 192.168.1…xxx?

Open a Support Ticket with Tablo Supoort, they can login to your Tablo and check your logs. It is like the firmware update on your Tablo didn’t take as the new Roku channel needs the .28 firmware.

My only suggestion after that would be to factory reset your router. And if that doesn’t work, factory reset your Tablo which I know is less than ideal.

@rift We’re tracking and testing this issue internally. It seems like a few people are having the same issue. We haven’t found the cause of this yet, but we’re pursuing this avidly. The more data we’ve got on this, the quicker we’ll be able to resolve it.

Feel free to send over the details on your setup (and the MAC of your Tablo) to us directly. We’ll grab what we can and continue to work on this. Hoping for a resolution soon.

FIXED - well temporary solution, see below

Ok i fixed it and i think i know the symptoms so lets see if this helps
for others. I suspect the new tablo client on Roku uses remote port
verification as my remote client was not working either when i had the
below problems.

On my Netgear nighthawk r8000 router i noticed
the following  21052 would always be red as not connecting on the
mytablotv app or android client, this happened after the latest firmware
update. I never really noticed as i tend to not use remote or pipe it
through plex.

21050       192.168.1.2     80        
21051       192.168.1.2     443       
21052       192.168.1.2     8887      

I
tried setting up static port forwarding but same issue, even hard reset
router same issue. I then did a sniffer trace,  i notice it was trying
to set up below UPNP, the interesting one is 21053 as that does not show
on the my tablo tv settings page.

ALL             TCP    21050       192.168.1.2     80        
ALL             TCP    21051       192.168.1.2     443       
ALL             TCP    21052       192.168.1.2     8887      
ALL             TCP    21053       192.168.1.2     8886

Anyway
adding this a as static did not fix the issue. I have a few spare
routers, so i installed my Asus RT-N16 and set it to UPNP and yes the
below ports were setup and both the android client and new tablo client
starting working.

ALL             TCP    21050       192.168.1.2     80        
ALL             TCP    21051       192.168.1.2     443       
ALL             TCP    21052       192.168.1.2     8887      
ALL             TCP    21053       192.168.1.2     8886

So i have to conclude remote ports all working
has some bearing on the new client working as if i put the other router
back in i get the same issue of not working. there seems to be some IP
incompatibility since the latest firmware update and Netgear R8000, as
remote always worked before the firmware update.

@rift - I also have the Netgear nighthawk x6 R8000 router and I DO NOT have the same issue you have here. Everything connects fine on my 3- Roku3’s and my PC’s both local and remote. Have you tried to default your R8000 and start the config over?

Yeah very weird, factory reset the router.

I’m wondering if this issue has ever been fixed. I have a Belkin 750 and have had this issue for months. Last I heard was wait for the update of the Roku Preview Channel. Anything new here?