Have an HDHomeRun and either Sony Android Smart TV or NVIDIA SHIELD?

Hi Everyone -

We’re looking for some folks to give us a hand with an upcoming ‘secret’ project.

In order to participate, you must have an HDHomeRun CONNECT or EXTEND networked OTA tuner and one (or more) of the following:

• A Smart TV that runs Android TV (these are mostly Sony brand)
  • An NVIDIA SHIELD streaming device

If that’s gear that exists in your home right now (even if the tuner isn’t hooked up) comment with ‘interested’ below and I can send you a direct message with an overview of what we have in mind.

1 Like

Interested

Interested

Interested

Interested

Interested

I’m interested, but don’t have ANY of that equipment :slight_smile:

You might want to indicate what the minimum software versions should be. Many people don’t automatically pick up the newest/current hdhomerun releases.

The newer xbr sony’s almost all have android. But some models just 2 years old use linux. And since I use Roku/fire TV stick there have been a ton of OS versions that haven’t been applied.

Of course when I ask the wife if she would give up nvidia shield/hdhomerun and plex for this test her sanitized response was: molon labe

Interested

Interested.

If this is still open, I now have:

• HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO (HDHR5-4US) networked OTA tuner
    and
  • The new 2019 NVIDIA SHIELD Pro

And I’m willing to help test.

We’re getting down to the final strokes @mikeh but it’d be neat to see if there’s any differences/surprises with the new SHIELD.

Send me a DM with your Google Play account and we’ll get you hooked up.

1 Like

If you still need some help, I have a hdhomerun, Sony Android TV as well as new and older Nvidia Shield TV’s.