Hard Drive "temporarily unavailable"... how to set up? (old thread)

How long have you waited? Maybe it’s still formatting it?

Thanks. I tried recording something manually. It lists it in recordings but it failed. Won’t let me watch. Just gives me an option to delete. I put in an email ticket. Hopefully they will get back to me this week.

Have you tried rebooting your Tablo? Aka power cycling it?

I have. Multiple times.

As long as you don’t keep responding to the same support ticket, they should get back to your shortly. Each time you reply it puts you back at the end of the queue.

Thanks for the tips!

I’m having exactly the same issue with a brand new WD Element 1TB drive and a 2 week old Tablo Dual Lite tuner.

WD Elements 25A2 1021 (1000 GB)
Storage temporarily unavailable.

I realized earlier today I had never formatted the drive and everything, I believe, is still recording to the cloud. In settings I choose my storage to be the WD drive and still was not working. After doing some online research I found out I needed to format the drive. I pressed the little blue button waited for the format screen but never got one. Went to setting and there is supposed to be a format button there and have not be able to locate this button yet.

Took the drive plugged into my laptop, worked just fine. My WD cloud service recognized it. Copy a couple files to the drive. All is fine with the drive as for Windows. Linux??

How can I get this drive to format and stop recording to the cloud?

Thank you

Recording to an External Hard Drive

The Tablo Dual Lite provides optional access to the Tablo Cloud while still providing the option to choose your own storage method. If you would rather use external storage, just connect using the Android, iOS, or web-based application and plug your hard drive into the Tablo’s USB port. Within 10-15 seconds, you should receive an on-screen format prompt to get your hard drive ready for use.

While an external hard drive is connected to your Dual Lite, it will default to using that drive as its primary storage device; all future recordings will be saved to disk. Any recordings which were previously saved to the Tablo Cloud will remain there but will still be fully accessible by the Tablo.