Get a New 4K Fire TV Stick for $29

Through Amazon’s Trade-in program. I dug an old (1st generation) Chromecast out of a pile of old junk / stuff, sent it off to Amazon and got credit for $2.99 on the trade. Free money, as I hadn’t used the thing for several years (they paid the shipping).

Here’s the good part: When you buy a new 4K Fire Stick or a Fire TV Cube (with All-New Alexa Voice Remote), they dump a coupon into your Cart - $20 discount for the Stick, $35 for the Cube. I chose the Fire Stick and they still credited the $2.99 in addition to the discount.

So I got a Fire Stick 4K for $29.99. I need this like I need a hole in the head, but it will make a nice little present for somebody this Christmas season. I knew nothing about this Trade-in program, this was a good (surprising) experience for me.

Canada or Trump land?

US, I don’t know if they do this on Amazon.ca. I didn’t even know they did this at all, until last week.

Wow.

I wonder if I can trade in my gen 2 Fire TV Stick and get a $29 credit for a non-Amazon device? That would be wonderful.

They are actually selling this in Canada.

They are selling the 4K stick, yes but I don’t think they are doing this trade-in program? I thought this was Amazon US only.

But at this price / deal?

Doesn’t look like they’re doing the trade-in thing here.

To be fair, they haven’t sold a lot of older models here.

Any old Roku, apple or Chromecast will work. Even an old Roku SD from the stone ages. Here’s a list of eligible trade in products.