FTV app LiveTV mini-pauses/stuttering issue

So I have 1 FTVstix and 3 FTVsquare at home and I am experiencing mini-pauses/stuttering on LiveTV on all 3 of my FTVsquare (some time on some channels) but never the FTVstix…Also, stuttering doesn’t happen on any FTV when playing recorded shows

now I am beginning to think this issue maybe FTV firmware version related so for those who is having (or not having) mini-pauses issue on their FTV when watching LiveTV, please provide the following info so we can see if we can help narrow down the problem:

LiveTV stutter: Yes or No
FTV type:  FTVstix or FTVsquare
FTV firmware version:
FTV rooted: Yes or No
FTV connection type: Wireless or Wired

I’ll start

LiveTV stutter: Yes
FTV type: FTVsquare
FTV firmware: 51.1.4.0_514006420
FTV rooted: Yes
FTV connection: Wired

LiveTV stutter: No
FTV type: FTVstix
FTV firmware: 54.1.1.0_user_110035420
FTV rooted: No
FTV connection: Wireless

Any word on this? This issue basically makes watching live tv impossible.

FTV firmware: 51.1.5.0_user_515030720
FTV connection: Wireless

FTV firmware: 51.1.5.0_user_515030720
FTV connection: Wired

@aesterline

I know a lot of people have been having issues with the new Fire TV app, but just to give people hope I can confirm the new Fire TV app works well with the current Tablo firmware.

I am running the .28 firmware, had no issues connecting to the Tablo after the firmware update. I do have a 320 GB HDD that has only 10 GB free (so more than 80% full). The Fire TV app on my Fire TV Stick lets me watch Live TV and my recordings - no buffering issues (I had to use the 5 GHz WiFi band for this). The FF function works well, it quickly starts playing from the next spot. My Live TV Grid loads pretty quick, faster than on the new Roku channel.

As well to note, I did update to the newest Tablo Video Player as I had previously sideloaded the Android web app on the Fire TV Stick. Again, no playback issues here. It is so perplexing that others have the same hardware and serious issues, the only difference between my setup and theirs is the networking equipment (same Tablo and same Fire TV Stick).

I have/had this issue on my Fire TV and Fire TV Stick and all 3 of my Nexus Players. At first the stuttering issue was limited, but then all of my devices that were working fine previously started with the stuttering as well.

I fixed my Android TVs by uninstalling the 1.6.2.0 Tablo Video Player app and sideloading 1.5.0.26 version from my phone. I haven't done anything to try to fix the issue on my Fire TV boxes yet because I don't care much about those anymore.

None of my devices are rooted.

Nexus Player OS (All): Android 5.1
Fire TV OS: 51.1.5.0_user_515030720
Fire TV Stick OS: 54.1.1.0_user_110041020
Tablo Firmware: 2.1.28
Tablo app version: 1.0.15-477/10090

It is really hard to judge how many people are having this issue as the suggestion to roll back to a previous version of the video player app seems to have fixed the issue for so many.

@TabloSupport

What are the differences between the Tablo Video Players on the Web app and the FTV app?

I do not have stuttering or buffering issues with either player but I can also confirm when I had the Web app sideloaded on my Fire TV Stick it was definitely a more faster experience when it came to FF. The new Player takes longer to resume after I hit FF.

@theuser86 

The video player itself is exactly the same. The subtle differences are how the interact with buttons, etc.
Many optimizations coming!