Firmware 2.2.26 on Samsung TV

Yea, I got that from

Drawbacks

• Proprietary operating system means a limited app selection

source: https://www.tablotv.com/apps-compatible-devices/#tablo-compatible-smart-tvs5

As for OTA DVR choices, from what I see they aren’t all straight forward comparable to flatly say what’s best. For some it may come down to available functions and/or options - what’s best it what meets your needs.

I’ll tell you what I will never again post anything on this forum after today, HAVE A GREAT LIFE!

It’s hard to buy a TV that isn’t a smart TV. Of course many don’t care what makes them smart because they use other devices for their OTT services.

But for those that plan on using the smart OS they should investigate that OS.

They might consider researching topics like data analytics proprietary OTT device or specifically data mining in proprietary OTT device and gain some understanding. Granted it’s not significantly different than much of the stuff installed on phones or voice response systems, but you should know.

Not true! I have the Samsung 4K TV and a Roku, both with the Tablo app. Up to this morning the Tablo worked with both of them. Today the Tablo app works with ROKU (through an HDMI cable input on the TV) but not with the Samsung app. So, someone isn’t keeping up!

Apparently, the Samsung Tablo app doesn’t work with the latest Tablo update. It works fine through my Roku app.

What isn’t true in @FlyingDiver post at that time? That information is from June 2019, a year and a half ago. You resurrected an old post.

1 Like

Samsung Tablo just started working again after Tablo update. Go figure.

Another update went through? I thought you said it stopped working after a recent update?

I haven’t read it all, but the summery pretty much tells the story. Me, I generally keep a TV until it doesn’t work. Unless there’s an unbelievable sale on a bigger and better one, but that’s not to say I ditch the old one all together.

I changed technologies and/or methods I get my content a few times in the past decade or so, with virtually the same [dumb] TVs.

My Samsung Tablo app stopped working after I installed the latest firmware update from Tablo this morning. Then, later today, it started working again. The Roku never quit working for Tablo.