FireTV app feature request

Knowing that the development of a FireTV app is in progress, I thought I start this thread so the developer does not miss out on important feature:

1.  Work with the Wired Ethernet port of Fire TV
2.  Work with the Fire TV remote (i.e. no mouse required) FF and Rewind buttons
3.  Backward compatible to FireTV firmware version 51.1.3.0_513011820 (for rooted devices)
4.  Resume Play feature on Recordings
5.  Dolby Digital and DTS hdmi passthrough

adding feature request #6 to the list
6. Works even when the Fire TV is connected to the Internet via VPN tunnel just like the Android Tablet app (but not like the Android web app) i.e. The Fire TV tablo app should not be referencing external IP address for LAN streaming

more clarification to the above.  The Android Tablet app sideloaded on Fire TV will work even when the Fire TV is connected to the Internet via VPN tunnel; however, the Android WEB app sideloaded on the same Fire TV will say it cannot find any Tablo on the network.

Try deleting all Tablo apps from your Fire TV and reloading just the Tablo Web app.  

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nuvyyo.TabloCordova&hl=en

I have the Tablo Web app side loaded on my Amazon Fire TV and it works fine but obviously requires a mouse.   I use Logitech K400 keyboard/touchpad which is 20.00 at Best Buy, Walmart or Amazon.

@7up, perhaps I was not being clear enough in my post above…the reason the Tablo web app on FireTV cannot find the Tablo unit was because the FireTV was connected to the internet via a VPN TUNNEL and not because of anything else, if I disconnect the VPN tunnel connection to the internet, the Tablo web app on FireTV will find the Tablo unit on my LAN.  Whereas I DON"T need to disconnect from VPN for the Android Tablo Tablet App on the same FireTV to find the Tablo unit on my LAN.

Hence, requesting feature #6 to ensure the new FireTV app can find the Tablo on internal LAN even if the FireTV is connected [externally] to the internet via VPN tunnel.

@7up Do you have a game controller?  If so, was curious if it works as a mouse.  Need to try this on my Fire TV soon.  Plex works well enough, but is buggy and does nothing but playback.

@lowbee  -  you are correcct, I didn’t recognize your network setup.    Good luck with your requests

@jbanks25 -  yes, kids have game controller but I personally have never used it.    I doubt it would work as a mouse but could try it.   My experience a while back with Fire TV Plex app for Tablo wasn’t great.    It did allow playback of Tablo recorded content however there was no real organization of tiles for recordings and navigation through a a show while you are watching was nearly impossible.    Fire TV needs a dedicated Tablo app.   
@Frank00 - While we would intend for it to have the same look & feel, FireTV works in a d-pad environment while the current Tablo Android app is designed for a touch-screen environment. Long story short, it's not as easy as it sounds, but this is on our to-do list. 

FireTV also has voice recognition which acts as a nice feature when you get used to it.  I use it all the time with the Kinect device on our Xbox One.  Most voice commands are pretty common and seem to map well for many different apps (e.g. play, rewind, pause, etc…)

Fire TV voice search is a nice feature and great for Amazon Prime.   If Tablo actually does develop an app for FireTV, voice search would be a nice feature.   The only other Fire TV services/apps which I believe support voice search are Hulu Plus and Showtime and now HBO GO .    I don’t believe voice search for Netflix has been added although its been discussed.