File format used for streaming

When Tablo streams to a device, does each device receive the same type of streaming format? If so, what is it?
If not, what format is used to stream to Galaxy S7.
Is this what is causing the flashing green on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge?
@TabloSupport hasn’t posted anything besides “thanks for posting here” so I’m trying to find the problem. I’m tired of the workaround. The only good thing about it is it does let us watch on our S7/S7 Edge.
I was glad to see Sprint phones start having the problem, and I suspect as other carriers roll out the update, those Tablo users with S7/S7 Edge will join the FlashingGreenTablo S7 ranks.

From google:
Like its predecessor, Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge has limited its playback support for the following media file formats.
Video format
MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
Video resolution
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) @30fps
Audio format
MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA

If the media files that you are going to transfer to Samsung Galaxy
S7/S7 Edge are included in above list, you will have no problem to enjoy your favorite videos or movies on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.

Unsupported formats by Galaxy S7/S7 Edge are listed as below:

Video formats: M4V, MOV, MKV, MPG, VOB, AVCHD (MTS, M2TS), Tivo, MXF, XAVC/XAVC S, Prores, H.265(HEVC)

Audio formats: AC3

HLS is the format

1 Like

HLS is a protocol, not a format.

The video is supposed to be in H.264 format, with audio as (mp3/HE-AAC/ AC3) packaged in a MPEG-2 Transport Stream.
I suspect that the problem is more container related than format ( problem dealing with the indexed .ts files)

Android should do this fine in the stock browser or Chrome since 4.1, but obviously some have been having trouble.

Yes, HLS is h.264 “HTTP Live Streaming (also known as HLS) is an HTTP-based media streaming communications protocol implemented by Apple Inc.”

lol

Dailymotion plays perfect without the Hardware Overlays being turned off workaround needed for Tablo.

Using my.tablotv.com with chrome on S7 doesn’t play. I wonder if it will if I install the HLS plugin.

It appears you have to enter the stream URL in one of the apps I tried. The one that said it was a plug in didn’t work.