Ffwd previews not working again

After the problem had been fixed it seems that once again thumbnails for ffwd previews are no longer working, at least on my Fire Stick device. I’m not sure if this is due to the latest update or was already this way and was just not noticed. Either way thumbnails are devoid of content and are useless.

They are working fine for me on the newest firmware. Tested with Shark Tank last night. Are you sure you had a tuner free?

So if I had 1 tv showing a channel on Tablo and another tv showing a recorded show on Tablo and I only have 2 tuners in my Tablo would the previews then not work?

showing a recorded show on Tablo and I only have 2 tuners in my Tablo would the previews then not work?

So if I had 1 tv showing a channel on Tablo and another tv showing a recorded show on Tablo and I only have 2 tuners in my Tablo would the previews then not work?
What do you think?

They should work in that example. Typically, my frames always generate unless I try watching something while it is still recording, or if the frames haven’t generated yet due to no available tuners. I haven’t had issued with frame generation since it was a known issue a few versions previous to now.

@glucono1 - Can you go back and check on that show now and see if there are FFW previews? Are you missing them on all of your devices that have them available or just the Fire stick?

Is it for all shows recorded since the update or just that one?

Previews all working now on all devices

1 Like

@glucono1 - Glad to hear it! It may have just been that particular show’s previews hadn’t been generated yet.

@TabloTV - every once in a while we encounter a recording that does not have thumbnails. Is there any way to instruct Tablo to generate them days or weeks after the fact?

@mbellaire - Generally if previews weren’t generated its because there was an error in the recording at some point. It’s not possible at the moment, but we could potentially engineer a ‘retry’ button that would try to identify the blip and skip over it.

UPDATE - One thing that you can try is to reboot your Tablo (quick press & release). During the boot sequence Tablo will look for recordings without FFW previews and try to generate them again. It won’t fix or skip blips, but it will try to catch any missed recordings.

1 Like

I can watch one program and it will show thumbnails, but if I watch a second program the thumb mails do not work unless I refresh my browser using F5 or Crtl + F5. On my cell phone the thumb nails work all the time. If I stop the current program and start another one and go back to the original program the thumb nails do not work.

Info:
Windows 10
Chrome Browser
ChromeCast
4-Turner
5 TB hard drive

@DingleTingle - Just checked on Win 8 and I’m not seeing this. I’ll have someone else on Win 10 see if they can reproduce.

Are you seeing this on the screen, or only during casting?

I am seeing this on my computer screen while casting it to google chromecast only. Tested it playing on my computer and not casting to chrome cast no thumbnail issues. Picture one shows my first program watch, thumbnail is there. Second picture is watching a second program no thumbnail. I tested what happens if I stop the chrome cast during the program. The thumbnail comes back, when the program resumes on my laptop. It appears there is an issue with chromecast streaming a 2nd show in a row or changing to a 2nd show. Maybe I need to reset my chromecast to default and reinstall any updates? Let me know what you think, I have reset my chromecast in the past and it takes a bit of time to install firmware updates. Could it be a bad install of chrome cast app?

@DingleTingle - Tx for the additional detail. We’ll try to recreate this today.

UPDATE - We have been able to reproduce this. Working on the fix!

1 Like

Sounds good! Appreciate the speedy response.

:heart_eyes:

Any idea when this update will be implemented? I prefer using my computer to play instead of my smart phone. Much easy to navigate past commercials using a computer.