Features only through $

I’ve had my Tablo for about a month now. It looks like my free guide perks are now expired. I have to say I’m a little disappointed. The ability to start early is gone and my previously scheduled shows disappeared. I had to go back in and schedule them manually.

Right now I’m using this as a bridge until DirecTV and Nexstar settle their squabble. So I guess I can deal with it for the time being.

I really thought the only advantage was having a longer guide timeframe and didn’t realize that I’d lose other features as well.

I guess I’d better read the fine print next time. :grin:

I believe you can purchase the guide on a per month basis.

2 Likes

I believe you can still start the recording early by just changing the start time. I have to actually do the math but I can start a manual recording at 7:59 and have it run for 32 minutes to get the default behavior.

Hmm. I’ll have to look into that again. It was only letting me start early in 15 minute increments when I tried earlier. Although it was allowing ending in 1,2,3 minutes later. One of my locals is off by like 30 seconds so I always miss the intro to J! :slight_smile:

The interface isn’t easy to navigate. You could try http://my.tablotv.com/ in a web browser. That might be easier.

Kind’a shows it doesn’t matter which device you use - manual recordings start by a specific time, down to the minute. There’s no need to “start early”… it starts as yearly as you want for as long as you want.

Here’s a post I linked someone else’s summary of “life without guide subscription”. It’s old, other’s seemed to have found some benefit from it - as noted, I just came across it and have not opinion.

1 Like

I figured it out. If I set the hour to start an hour before, then I could go backwards on the minutes to :29. Then I set the hour to my desired hour. A little convoluted, but it worked.