Exiting Tablo Question

Sorry if this question is obvious. I just cut cable and am moving to OTA and streaming solutions. Lots of new hardware to setup and figure out.

So… I have a Roku 3 and a Tablo. I setup the Tablo last night, it will take some getting used to, but I am happy with it.

My question… when I am finished watching the Tablo for the night, which should I do?

1. Press the HOME button on the Roku remote to go back to the Roku home screen
  2. Navigate to the EXIT screen in the Tablo menu to go back to the Roku home screen
  3. Navigate to the DISCONNECT screen in the Tablo menu to do who know what

Maybe it doesn’t even matter, I just don’t want the tuners running all night unless there is a show to be recorded.

Thanks

[quote=“n_rohrer, post:1, topic:8367”]

1. Press the HOME button on the Roku remote to go back to the Roku home screen
  2. Navigate to the EXIT screen in the Tablo menu to go back to the Roku home screen
    [/quote]Either of those are fine. Been just hitting the home button and walking away for over a year, no problems.
1 Like

Perfect, thanks. Nice and easy.

Now I just need PS Vue to redo their Roku channel to make it less atrocious, then I’m set.

1 Like

FYI, the Disconnect screen is mainly there if you have multiple Tablos. You can disconnect from one and connect to the other.

If you just have a single Tablo at home, you probably will never use Disconnect.

I generally use the home button to exit the Tablo app, but either way should be fine.