Ethernet unplugged - wifi signal not broadcasting

My router that I had my Tablo set as hardwired recently died. I replaced it with a new router but when I went to reconnect to my Tablo, nothing. The orange light on the back is on, but the green one is not and the router isn’t showing a connection. I’ve tried multiple cables and unplugged the Ethernet cable and unplugged the Tablo multiple times as well as pressed the blue button, but when I plug the Tablo back in without the Ethernet cable, it refuses to transmit a wifi signal. It’s like it thinks the Ethernet is still connected.

I’m trying to not have to factory reset as my wife will kill me if I lose all her shows from the HD, but I don’t know what else to do. The blue light comes on and then flashes every second, but I don’t know how to re-connect.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated (and help save my marital bliss… :thinking: )

Sometimes a blue-button restart does not get the job done, and a full power-cycle is required (should not affect recordings).

Try this:

Power off Tablo (unplug power cable or wall wart from outlet).

Power off the Router. (Same as above).

Leave Ethernet cable plugged in to the Router and the Tablo. Make certain the cable is in a LAN port and not a WAN port on the Router.

Power back on the Tablo.

Wait a few minutes, then power back on the Router.

Hopefully ET will phone home and the Tablo will resync with the Router.

If not, say three Hail Mary’s and take your wife out to dinner.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Thanks Wolfpack. I gave your suggestion a shot, but sill can’t see the Tablo and still no wifi broadcast. I think I need to figure out how to force the Tablo to ignore the Ethernet port and only do wifi.

If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know.

Thanks

When you say you could not see the Tablo, which device did you use?

Your best bet would be to use a PC with Internet access and the Chrome browser, and try to connect to http://my.tablotv.com

What about the status of the LEDs above the Ethernet port? Are they lit up even though there’s not cable attached?

Doesn’t hesitate to touch base with our support team. Or give us a call: 1-844-TABLOTV (822-5688)/

The orange LED is constantly on, regardless of an ethernet cable or not. The green light doesn’t light up at all. The light on the router never shows a device connected.

@Wolfpack - I tried all different devices, including chrome on desktop. It’s not recognized anywhere, hardwired or wireless.

It sounds like the Ethernet port may be defective. If you give our team a shout, we can confirm this over the phone (1-844-TABLOTV (822-5688) or via email.