Error: weak signal

Although it may introduce other issues I’ve had some luck adding a 2nd cheap antennae on a simple splitter. I’ve done this to help situations where the main antennae is unable to adequately orientate for LOS to all of the available towers.

It may create some “phase issues” but it doesn’t cost much to try and if it creates more trouble than it’s worth simply disconnected and go back to square one.

I’m talking sub $10 antennas (old rabbit ears) and a splitter which seem to populate many junk drawers in homes.

Good luck.

2 Likes

I bought a 1 YBONE 45 mile antenna for 24.99 from Amazon ,it will be here Tuesday. I guess we will see!

Tablo sent out a new replacement unit to replace my dad’s faulty tuners. It’s only been 3 days but he is happy with it again. Great Customer service. Thanks

3 Likes

I relocated my Tablo and WD My Book 4TB hard drive today, moving them about 8’ from where they’d been working flawlessly. The Leaf 50 antenna did not move but now I’m getting weak signal on almost every channel. The signal strength shows 5 green dots on most channels, including those having the problem. Reading the thread, I tried removing the hard drive from the equation as suggested but the “weak signal” channels just turned into the “No hard drive” channels.

My setup is the Tablo 4-channel with wifi connections to 3 Roku 3’s, all of which are having the same problem. I also tried accessing live TV via my iPad and the Tablo app and got the weak signal message there, too. No other device in the house is having any difficulty with connectivity but I have to keep reconnecting to the Tablo periodically.

I’m in the same boat as some others I’ve seen here - convinced the wife to try out cutting the cord but these problems are not building her confidence at all. Any help would be appreciated.

@CTYankee Try rebooting the Tablo without the drive attached - does that help? If not, touch base directly with our support team and we’ll see what’s going on.

I did that and it didn’t fix the problem. However, it appears to be fixed now. I changed the setting on the Tablo to automatically delete recordings when space is needed (even though the Tablo app showed I had 3.5TB of storage available) and I re-scanned the channels. It’s been stable since then.

1 Like

I’m getting the same issue as rab3rd. Very frustrating. I’ve done everything they listed for troubleshooting. When I connect my antenna directly to the TV it works. However, when I connect it to the TabloTV box it says weak signal. Do I need a new Tablo box?

FYI - It’s also frustrating that there is no support over the weekend, especially with football season.

I know you’ll lose the DVR portion doing this but until you can get into contact with support you could go directly into your TV to at least view things.

When you did your re-scan, did you remember to hit ADD TO GUIDE at the end? It’s possible that some of your channels have moved frequencies.