Did "Tablo DVRs Just Added a 14-Day Guide" - remember when you only had one day at a time? or 1st color?

This was the one suggestion I made on the recent survey.

You can’t beat service like this.:smiley:

1 Like

Ok, OffTopicZip… point of initial post, I came across an article titled Tablo DVRs Just Added a 14-Day Guide suggesting it was part of 2.2.26 firmware, then faintly implied it was just for Roku devices. Just asking for confirmation.

One day at at time… but not actually the entire day. Turning the dial was more like klunk-klunk, klunk until you hit UHF they it just wait and see.

I think the point is you need the newest firmware 2.2.26 to get the 14 day guide, and then currently it is only available on the Roku. Tablo has always stated their end goal is feature parity across all platforms so it will eventually get to other devices.

1 Like

:confetti_ball:_:boom:-:firecracker:` :tada:\ :confetti_ball: | :cherries:

And how many years did it take to get channel rescan and manual recording on Roku?

Does the Roku or Amazon Preview app have TV shows by genres? The original amazon app and WEB app have TV shows by genres?

Or does the Preview app have search by channel?

I don’t care. It records, it streams, I watch, I save.

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Did "Tablo DVRs Just Added a 14-Day Guide":

@zippy Would you consider ever starting your own topic instead of hijacking other ones? It’s been over 4 years now…
OffTopicZip

If you need assistance ask @discobot start new user in a message, he’ll guide you through it, and give you a badge if you get through it.

Grow up.

When users post misleading claims, users have every right to dispute them.

It’s fine to claim that there is an intent for app feature parity but it can be a slow delivery. Especially since the features I quoted have been around a long time on specific apps.

So should users be disturbed if someone implies a 14-day guide in beta might show up in other apps before other features that have been missing for a long time.

It’s fine for what it is, and I probably would have used it more, but I’ve gotten used to using the program thumbnails to see what’s coming up. Live TV just isn’t a big draw for most I think.

In my non-Roku use, the program thumbnails are All and Conflicts in the Scheduled tab. Just having the thumbnail there doesn’t mean it’s currently scheduled even with the scheduled clock icon in the corner, as opposed to the dash or a number.

I understand this is a list of shows you have “scheduled” to record, some are only Record New, so if there are no New episodes, why does the clock show?

And we only had four stations to choose from; ABC, CBS, NBC, and PBS. Then when we got the first color television it was just amazing!!

1 Like

Our 1st color TV was depressing.
Most shows, and movies were still being broadcast in black, and white.
Doh!

You guys must have got your color TV before we did. I just remember seeing the Christmas shows, Rudolph, etc. finally in color and was amazed. We got our color TV right around Christmas time.

I was really too young to remember when we got our color set. It was a Zenith 25" console. I do remember tearing it appart. We kept the cabinet and had it made into a piece of furniture.

1 Like

Our first non-monochrome set was a Motorola Quasar (“Works In The Drawer”) . I remember being stunned when I first discovered that parts of “The Wizard of Oz” were in color.

1 Like

I still had a B&W set in my bedroom growing up. Remember borrowing Dr. Mario for the original Nintendo from a friend and wondering why I couldn’t figure the game out… Turns out color matching was a key component :rofl:

1 Like

Seems like the first color was a 1960-1961 RCA Victor. It also was the first we had with a UHF tuner. Too bad there were no local UHF stations until the mid-1960s.

TV’s of that age had a safety glass screen in front the CRT. When a tornado went close by the change in barometric pressure caused the safety screen to shatter. A new screen cost $100-$150 dollars.

We only had VHF. I remember wondering as a kid what was that second dial with UHF on it for? And the VHF knob “clicked” into each channel, whereas the UHF knob just sort of turned with no defined clicking into place.

I think our first color TV was later in the 1960s, maybe around 1968.

I remember when we finally got a color TV… then the moon landing - “We got a color TV now why is this still in B&W!?” I thought I was disappointed. Sadly that’s how I remember what many consider one of human-kind’s greatest accomplishments.