Did I brick my Tablo?

I got on the Tablo app on my android tablet for the first time in awhile (we usually use the Roku 3’s connected to the TV’s) and it told me there was an update.

I tried to do the update, but had to drop out of the app before it finished, and now it appears to be hung at 44% downloaded for the last week… and I can’t get it to do anything else.
On top of that, now the Roku app won’t do anything because it says I need to do the update.
I tried accessing the Tablo from my wife’s iPad Mini and it went to the “downloading” screen, but never indicated any % done.
Did I brick my Tablo?
I can’t remember if there is a hard reset button on the Tablo… but if there is, is this the time to use it?

There is a reset button on the back of the Tablo.  If you haven’t tried that yet, just push it quickly, and the Tablo should start blinking rapidly before rebooting.  You don’t want to hold it down for 8 sec or more, since that will factory reset it and lose all recordings.

If the reboot doesn’t fix your issue, then contact Tablo support and they can look at the logs.  I hope you resolve your issue.
1 Like

@j321cordcut I agree with @snowcat here - try a soft (push and release immediately) reset of the Tablo. Send me a note if you still have issues.

1 Like