Device Sold To Public Too Soon, Returned

@brianl, i have been a Tablo user for several months and I can’t say i completely disagree with you. I had loading please wait issues (via Roku) to the point that TV was unwatchable.  There was a new revision a few months ago.  Very few loading please wait issues, but the picture would freeze on occasion.

After support from this forum and Tablo it was suggested using Tablo on a 5Ghz channel could solve the issue, as 2.4Ghz channels can be crowded.  I changed providers (from Uverse to TWC), did my research, bought a good modem, good router and a Roku 2 (duel band) so Tablo and Roku would be running on a 5Ghz channel.

There is no question there was an improvement, but with both recorded and live TV the picture freezes and causes my Roku box to reboot.  This happens almost every TV watching session (I plan to put in a ticket to give support all the specifics).

I love the Tablo concept, the whole house solution and a very low monthly payment, but Tablo should have a higher reliability factor for all and a few more features (the help shape the tablo road-map thread has hundreds of suggestions) that people have come to expect. 

Bottom line: I do think Tablo was released a bit too soon.

lol…two years later and I still agree!

Yes, it is not perfect. Yes, they should move faster. But, I am two years into being a cord cutting Tablo user who is very pleased with the product. Use it just about every day. The wife has more content than she can watch.

1 Like

They shouldn’t be advertizing it works with LG WebOs 3.0! After it failed to work with my previous tv with chromecast, I went out and bought a new Web OS 3.0 TV because they said it works with it…Tablo doesnt work with the new tv either! I have a paper weight called Tablo TV…so much for my free 30 subscription…but I guess I should just be happy if they ever get this thing to work.

I’m sure there’s plenty of cable companies that would love to sell you their service

1 Like

True, but it’s not about that.