When I haven’t used the Tablo in a while, it can take quite a bit of time to get a connection going, and I usually have to exit and re-enter the app a couple of times when I try to connect. Eventually the Tablo connects, and then the Guide may or may not be filled out. Sometimes I have to exit the app and re-enter it to get the Guide filled out. Once the Tablo’s ready to go, it’s fine, but it can take long enough to get it going that I give up on it and go and use the HDhomerun that I have set up just because of these problems.
For background, we’re using an NVIDIA Shield that’s normal in all other aspects. My home router is an Asus RT-AX88U (although I had the same experience with the eero) on gigabit fiber, and the Tablo is hard-wired to the router via MoCA 2.5. Haven’t tried the Tablo on wi-fi, but generally the hard-wired connection works well using MoCA. The HDhomerun is connected via the same MoCA network, much less problematic starting up.
I’m wondering if this is a common experience…the main reason that I’m using the Tablo at this point is for recording and playback. The live TV part is often too frustrating and time consuming to get it going. Although once it’s going, it’s fine.
Guess I’m wondering if this is a common experience, or it’s something about my configuration here. If there are any tips that people who have worked through this sort of problem themselves have, I’d be happy to hear. By the way, I’ve been using the Tablo for about two years now. The only change I’ve made was a couple of months ago “upgraded” from a 4-tuner old-style Tablo to the current 4-tuner current style one.