Could syncing be quicker or, even better, done in the background when needed?

Now when I open Tablo on my Win 7 PC to look for shows I have to sit through the connection period and then the syncing period.  It’s only a minute or so but I’d like it to be a lot quicker.  Couldn’t it sync in the background a couple times a day when required?  I watch through a hard wired Roku.

If you leave your a tab with my.tablotv.com open in Chrome, then it will always be synced.  But the syncing for me is only like a few seconds and it moves to the background.  Could your browser have a ‘clear cache on exit’ or similar setting enabled?

Thanks, I’ll check that.  I guess I really notice it on my Chromebook more so than my PC.  The Chromebook apps open so quickly that when Tablo opens it’s noticeable.

The topic of why there even needs to be a “sync” is a reoccuring thread on these forums.

All the thumbnails for the guide and commercial skipping sync.  I don't understand why they can't just be read off the Tablo when needed. It might be bad performance.  While the images are nice for what's on, I wish there was an option to skip thumbnails for the guide so syncing would be faster Syncing time is affected by how many stations you have, how many new shows . recordings you have, etc..    

The topic of why there even needs to be a "sync" is a reoccuring thread on these forums.

I did a search for “sync” but I guess I didn’t look hard enough. I guess if it’s been mentioned on here a lot then it’s a major concern to folks.

All the thumbnails for the guide and commercial skipping sync......

There’s commercial skipping now?  How’d I miss that and how do I get it?

Not true commercial skipping, but thumbnails when hitting the right arrow button (on my Roku).

Not true commercial skipping, but thumbnails when hitting the right arrow button (on my Roku).

Right. Thumbnails. I’ll have to give that a go on my Roku.

Remember skipping only works for recorded stuff, and then only after the thumbnails have been made.

Remember skipping only works for recorded stuff, and then only after the thumbnails have been made.

Hence the wait to sync.  Got it.  Thanks!

The topic of why there even needs to be a "sync" is a reoccuring thread on these forums.

I did a search for “sync” but I guess I didn’t look hard enough. I guess if it’s been mentioned on here a lot then it’s a major concern to folks.

I personally have championed having it removed entirely … I understand why they have it there given the current design of the software they use but my argument is there are better ways to accomplish that same task by using alternate means that does not involve any form or kind of “sync”.