Connectivity with Amazon Fire and Tablo

@ka0wtk what firmware version is your tablo running?

Believe I’m current at 2.1.30

Success, I had the Amazon Fire and the Tablo on separate networks, moved a couple of network cables to correct the issue. I hate it when that happens. Let’s see loose U-verse and everything can be on a single internal network, things continue to get easier with Tablo :slight_smile: Thanks for all of the support

2 Likes

@ka0wtk

Glad to hear you figured it out.

I assume you have a separate combo modem/router from your ISP and personal router? The best way to solve this problem is to put the modem in bridge mode, so it acts only as a modem. Then use your personal router for router functions.

That will be the case soon, I’ve had the U-verse modem with direct connects to 2 set top boxes, a cellphone femtocell, and the last connection through to the my router and the rest of the house. I forgot that I moved the femtocell to my internal network and put the fire on in place of it. Now that the fire and tablo are on the same network everything is better.

If you need help putting the U Verse modem in bridge mode let us know, just post the exact model number of the modem.

My Tablo is now back mounted in the garage on the wall with network cabling and settings configured properly. Now I’m patiently waiting to see what the Amazon Prime July 15th sales bring for additional media players on sale :slight_smile:

Did you say garage? My only concern is extreme temperatures and humidity damaging the Tablo. Do you have winters were you leave?

See the thread below for input from Tablo, “Safe operating temperature for Tablo is 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)”.

https://community.tablotv.com/t/external-room-temperature

Florida, do I need to say more ? (by the way it was a contractors show home, yes the garage is carpeted and air conditioned :slight_smile: )

Also with this Monday being a holiday in Canada, Tablo Support wion’t be back to work until Tuesday, so best not to release new, MAJOR update.