Connection Failure: Remote Access is Disabled

You mean the devices you have left that are still paired?

Iā€™m not sure. My devices still remember the Tablo but when I hit the connect button I get an error message saying ā€œConnection Faliure: Remote Access Disabledā€ so Iā€™m not sure theyā€™re not unpaired but Iā€™m donā€™t know if theyā€™re still paired either.

Youā€™re still paying for a subscription right? You need an active subscription for Tablo Connect (aka remote viewing).

Yup. I checked my subscription a few days ago when remote access stopped working and my subscription is still active.

Can you please check again today? When you go to Settings under the my.tablotv.com website in the Chrome browser on a local computer, what does it say if you hit Refresh?

As well, if you uncheck Tablo Connect, then re-check it, it will check to make sure the ports are forwarded properly.

From your posts it sounds like you have remote access to a local computer. So try the above.

If I uncheck Tablo connect and then recheck it could I lose the pairing on my remote devices? Iā€™m just asking because Iā€™m going to have to ask a friend to do this since Iā€™m not there and I really really really donā€™t want to do anything that would make my devices lose the paring simply because if I end up losing it I wonā€™t be able to recover it

You said none of your devices can currently connect anyway right? So you wonā€™t make it any worse.

At least try the first one with hitting refresh and see what it says about your subscription.

Hey mate, if you are connected remotely, I donā€™t think you can turn off Tablo Connect. At least, that is the way of the ipad app. If you could turn it off, then you would be unable to turn it on.

None of their remote devices can currently connect so they cannot get into the Settings screen remotely.

Also if you log in to your Tablo account using Tablo portal below, what is the date and time for the ā€œLast Seenā€? If itā€™s current the Tablo should be seeing its subscription.

https://account.tablotv.com

Last billed: January 31, 2017.
Next billed: February 28, 2017
Devices:1

Also, they sent me an invoice on February 1st saying that I paid $4.99 for my monthly guide subscription (2/1-3/1)

That is not the Last Seen info, click on the down arrow on your Tablo in the list.

Thank you all for your help. Turns out the remote access checkbox on the Tabloā€™s settings page was unchecked. Honestly I donā€™t know how this happened because I donā€™t think I unchecked it. I asked a friend who has local access to the Tablo to check if itā€™s unchecked and it was, so he checked the box for me and now the Tablo works again!

2 Likes

No probs! I still recommend updating to 2.2.12 though - my devices had the pairing survived firmware upgrades.