Connecting

Received new Tablo today and have spent several hours trying to connect.  Tried wired and wireless and both hang at “connecting…” and never get beyond this.  I am using the web app on a Mac.  Have exhausted ideas and followed suggested troubleshooting steps from Tablo. Anyone else have this problem?  Thanks.

I receive my new 4 tuner Tablo yesterday and spent last night also trying to connect.  I was able to download the firmware update but I have not been able to connect using the web app on a PC.  I tried to use the Android app on a tablet, but that kept exiting (crashing) when attempting to connect.  I have also followed the troubleshooting steps and that made no difference.  I have requests into Tablo support on both the web app connecting issue and the Android app exiting issue, hopefully I will hear something soon.  I will post whatever I find.  Nice to know its not just me :slight_smile:

I received my new Tablo on Monday and like fk519, have spent several hours trying to connect.  Tried wired and wireless and while both find the Tablo on the network, both hang at "connecting..." and never get beyond this.  My Roku3 also finds Tablo but says it needs to be updated to work properly. I am using the Google Chrome web app on a Windows 7.  I have also exhausted ideas and followed suggested troubleshooting steps from Tablo. I opened a support ticket last night.

I hope "first impressions last the longest" doesn't apply here!

I am having the exact same issue as well. I noticed what BBKing noticed about the Roku as well.  Mine also sees the tablo but says it cannot work properly until the tablo is updated.  The tablo just hangs on “connecting”.  I am using the web app on a pc and am trying to connect using wifi.  Another odd thing I have noticed is the Tablo is able to be found when I first try to connect to it but after I get the “connecting” screen, I can no see it in my list of available wireless connections.  I opened my router’s page and I do see that the tablo is connected to the router, so this really seems like a problem on the web apps end.  Any luck from anyone else with this problem???

Hey all, please Direct Message me, @matb33, with your complete console logs if possible. This will go a long way to help debug what’s going on. To get these console logs, hit F12 in Chrome, and click the “Console” tab. There will be a whole bunch of debugging messages. Highlight the whole thing, copy, and paste in a DM to me.

I’ve (finally) managed to reproduce the issue – thanks @lunchtime, your logs helped point in the right direction. They revealed that your Tablo server version is very old (probably bought from older stock), beyond what I had tested with. The “Connecting” screen then met a condition where it thought it should be up… when clearly it shouldn’t have been, hiding the “Begin Setup” screen underneath it!

Can you guys all try again? I hope it was the same issue across this thread. If it still isn’t working, please send me your complete console logs. Those are very helpful.

Also, I got rid of the custom scrollbars. They just weren’t worth the trouble due to compatibility issues across devices.

@matb33 I have now been able to configure my Tablo with the changes you made to the web app.  Thanks for the really quick response.  I look forward to trying the Tablo out this evening.

AWESOME!  problem solved for me.  thank you so much matb33!

Mine is working now as well, thanks!