Commercial Skip not working on Apple TV since update

Anyone else having trouble with commercial skip not working on Apple TV since the update? Tried rebooting, restarting Apple TV, turning Commercial Skip off and on. Even though it’s ON and the show has the orange skip box checked, all the shows appear with the commercial in grey. This happened a long time ago and somehow I’d turned off the Skip in the settings but that’s not the case now. Skip is working on the web browser.

I am seeing that July 3,4 and 5 no commercial skip. I am getting messages on TV shows and Movies that either commercial skip detection failed or commercial skip upload failed 100% of the time. This is as of 7/5/2020 9:21 pm EDT. I placed an email support ticket 7/6/2020 and I am awaiting a response. It would be nice if instead of getting the above messages of failure the Movie and TV shows would remain in line for completion when the server comes back on.
Tablo Support - Lauren (Tablo)

Jul 6, 2020, 12:15 PM EDT

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

We are sorry to hear this issue impacted you, over the weekend an unexpected issue occurred with Tablo’s Automatic Commercial Skip server.

Unfortunately, the recordings that have already failed can not be re-uploaded for processing. However, the issue is now resolved and newly created recordings are being uploaded and processed correctly now.

1 Like

I too have been seeing this during same timeframe. I opened a support ticket over the weekend and waiting for someone to read it.

Unless my Roku’s and Fire TV sticks have morphed into Apple products I don’t think this problem is Apple specific or limited to 2.2.30.

Eventually the light will go on and someone will either reset the CS server or pay the power bill.

In the mean time life will go on.

1 Like

I too use Roku and I’m seeing many “Commercial Skip upload filed” messages. rebooting the Tablo to force a retry did not work. I haven’t had a successful CS since July 3rd and it’s usually rock solid. @TabloSupport is there a widespread issue?

My problem was user error. Turns out there is a second pull down at the top of the screen that turns it on and off after you have selected it in Settings.

I too noticed that commercial skip failed to upload on Sunday.

Please keep up posted on what you hear.

Tablo Support - Lauren (Tablo)

Jul 6, 2020, 12:15 PM EDT

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

We are sorry to hear this issue impacted you, over the weekend an unexpected issue occurred with Tablo’s Automatic Commercial Skip server.

Unfortunately, the recordings that have already failed can not be re-uploaded for processing. However, the issue is now resolved and newly created recordings are being uploaded and processed correctly now.

More details here: