Chromecast/Android app help needed!

Hi,

Having a problem with Android and Chromecast. Hoping someone with a 100% operational Tablo+Chromecast can let me know what configuration is working. Or, can chime in with more data if they also have a problem. I have posted a trouble ticket but Tablo support cannot reproduce problem.

Everything works perfectly for about 45mins then gets problematic in two ways:

1. The app occasionally starts hard crashing while FF/RW. I get the "Tablo has stopped working, I usually press the report so that you will have the information. I usually tap FF through commercial breaks The chromecast will continue to play but the app has to be restarted.

2. The app almost always looses its association with the currently playing shows. FF/RW and sweeper bar will stop functioning. Sometimes I can re-enter app and recover location. Chromecast will continue to play but the app has to be restarted.

Configuration:
Table 4 tuner
Android app (release 1.0.25-616/3000278)
tablo (2.2.8):
Netgear R7000 with wired connection to tablo.
Chromecast 2 and Chromecast 1.
Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 6.0.1, Nexus 7 (2012) running Android 5.1, and Nexus 7 (2012) running 4.4.4.
I use SD quality.
I have tried 720 at 3MB/s.
Disabled “Fast Live TV startup”
Disabled Leanback Mode

I use 3mbps as Tablo recommends for Chromecast.

Having similar problems with the app I do the following:

• when I want to FF, I pause the show, stop casting and on my phone FF
  • when I get to the place in the show I want, I cast to chromecast again

Not pretty but works

I also report when the app crashes. Seems to be a waste of time as have never heard back from anyone regarding any of the ~ 15 crash reports sent

1 Like

Hi @SweetWater, thanks for the input. Maybe if enough Chromecast users respond it will increase the awareness of the issue. It would be worth submitting a trouble ticket if you have not already.

Hmmm, I haven’t had a problem with the Android Tablo app crashing when I do the FF or RW and I have used those functions quite a bit. I also use the sweeper bar without issues. I HAVE had 4 or 5 incidents of “Tablo has stopped working” but that has usually occurred when I power off the TV/Chromecast combo without stopping or pausing the show on the app.
My configuration:
Android running on Verizon Motorola X ver 5.1
Tablo app 1.0.25
Tablo 2.2.8
720 - 5 Mbps
Seagate BUP Slim BK 0302 2TB
Fast Live TV startup - Enabled
Leanback mode - Disabled
Chromecast 2 (two of them)
Apple TV (older version)