Channel Scan returned incorrect station names

I have been experiencing the same issue for the last week to 10 days. I saw this thread and have been patiently standing by. However, my scheduled recordings are all failing because I have the recordings set to only record new. It would appear this setting typically only records new shows on the channel for which the original program was selected - which is exactly how it should be. After re-scanning and getting the incorrect labels, my scheduled recordings are failing because they are attached to channels that no longer exist (the ones with the old, correct labels).

For example, in the Scheduled section of the Tablo App, my CBS 5.1 scheduled shows indicate multiple new episodes upcoming and have the red ‘REC’ icon showing the episode is scheduled to record. However, those shows are not recording because CBS is NOW labeled as JSTNW 5.1. These means, I have to change ALL of my existing shows to the new INCORRECTLY labeled channels for the shows to record. This is quite cumbersome not only to make a change to all existing shows scheduled to record, but also because when the issue is corrected the schedules will need to be updated again. Thankfully, it is the holiday season which means many shows are repeats.

A timeline for when the new firmware will be made available would be greatly appreciated.

Hey @JeremieHughes - As we mentioned above, this issue should not affect the actual guide data for your channels, just the labels. You shouldn’t need to adjust any of your recording settings.

If you’re experiencing problems with your recordings, it’s best to touch base with our support gurus so they can determine the actual source of the issue: www.tablotv.com/ask-tablo

Got a ballpark date for correcting the channel labeling problem? I have the same issue.

As we mentioned above, there’s a fix coming in the next firmware update. It’s in testing now and we’re hoping it will be ready before the holidays.

I am having the same problem but only on my iPad my iPhone and Apple TV shows the correct information

Holidays have come and gone and we’re now in mid-January. Any new guess as to when the channel labeling problem will be fixed?

That firmware is probably the firmware still in beta with a few nasty side effects for some (not all) of the beta testers. I suspect Tablo will want to track that down and fix it before releasing it to the whole user base.

@SamBowden Try running a new scan and clicking ‘Add to guide’ on your end now. Our guide data provider has been able to address the issues their end. If this doesn’t work, the firmware update (no ETA just yet) will address it.

Your recommended action worked - thanks for the help.

3 Likes

@TabloSupport, sure would have been nice and proactive to inform your customers of this rather than finding out the hard way.

And how would you propose they inform their customers? Perhaps the vast majority never had the issue. Some customers may not even have contact information with Tablo (not everyone subscribe to guide data or register their devices). And one may presume that many of those encountering the error would simply re-do the channel scan and find the error eliminated.

I think in this instance, Tablo Support responded to sort of help the customer out who may have inferred from my earlier post that there was still no viable solution. Now it’s out here and you can consider customes informed. :slight_smile:

Oh, I don’t know…how about a post on this board may have worked. If it pertained to someone…GREAT…if not, no biggie…

@DJPellegrino Apologies…

We generally do try to keep folks updated on stuff like this, but we had anticipated being able to get new firmware out before the holidays which would have corrected this. We are still working on a few issues with the new firmware which was delayed.

In the hustle of that and the holidays, the fact that this issue was corrected on the guide provider’s side slipped off our ‘communications’ radar.

Sorry :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you…:grin:

I’m glad that the problem was identified. Do we have an estimated timeline for when this update might be pushed? I had several people over through the holidays, and showed them Tablo, but the channel labels thing kind of turned them off even though I explained that the functionality was not impacted.
-T

@piowaty This is now corrected.

Just follow these instructions.

Thank you, I missed that temp fix. It does seem to have corrected the issue on end user screens (roku’s, android app) but the web app (still is showing the incorrect names). Roku’s were the biggest issue in our house, so I can live with this.
Thanks again!

If you click disconnect and then remove the sync data (click the red X next to your Tablo’s name) then do a resync, you should be A-OK there too.

Some might prefer to see “KXAN” as opposed to “NBC”. Would it be possible to display both or give user a choice?