Change network connection from Tablo app

Many devices let you select network connections (Ethernet; wifi 2.4 or 5 GHz) using the remote control and a setup screen.

Getting a Tablo on the Network is a bit more of a challenge without a remote, but once it is done it should be possible to make network connection changes in a GUI using one of the available apps, perhaps at least the my.tablotv.com web app.

I would like to switch my Tablo from a 2.4 GHz connection to a 5 GHz connection as a performance test but the process is more involved than it should have to be. In fact I do not believe there is a published procedure for doing this. The only one I know of requires a factory reset and loss of recordings, which is not an acceptable solution.

Tablo Techs, please give this suggestion serious consideration. Thanks!

Edit your WiFi network guide:

Was that helpful? It should explain how to change the WiFi network from the 2.4 GHz band to the 5 GHz band, provided they are actually separately named SSIDs.

Theuser86: I concede there is a published method to change wifi settings, but I contend it is much more involved than the methods used on other media players like Roku and FireStick and Shield TV, which have a simplified process using the remote control. In my opinion there should be a similar option in the Tablo app, like other functions to rescan channels; change recording resolution; etc. without having to push the blue button.