Can't fast forward

I have reinstalled the app several times, and the problem persists. When I pause live TV, I can’t fast forward when I resume play. When I press the fast forward button, the screen says “buffering”, but it doesn’t fast forward what I am watching.

Forgot to add In my first post that I am using the FireTV which is hard wired. When I was using the side loaded app, I could fast forward.

Yes this is a known issue with the Official Fire TV app. It has been acknowledged by Tablo Support and will be fixed in an update.

FF and RW only works with recordings. Live TV is watched live only.

theuser86…Thank you for the response. I hope the update is released soon.

Yes this is a known issue with the Official Fire TV app. It has been acknowledged by Tablo Support and will be fixed in an update.

FF and RW only works with recordings. Live TV is watched live only.

Sort of true - i’ve run across this while watching recorded shows, too. So while “FF and RW only works with recordings” is true, “FF/RW always works with recordings” is not true. 

I’ve not had time to try again since once again reloading the player on FTV stick, but last recorded show I tried didn’t FF for me. I had no control except play and pause on FireTV stick.

Interesting that the issue you mention was not caught in beta! Interesting. 

I received an update yesterday for the Tablo Video Player when I opened the application, and I see that fast forward and rewind has been added to live TV.  The problem is that when you pause live TV and then use the fast forward button, it jumps all the way to live TV…you can’t fast forward in increments (to skip commercials).

@rmsjr, I just tried the updated app on my FireTv, and it would rewind 20 seconds and fast forward 30 seconds for live TV.  Now you may see the words “live TV” on the right if you are less than a minute away from being live, but you can still go FF again to get to actual live tv.

@rmsjr

As with @snowcat I can confirm with the newest Tablo Video Player (the update was pushed about 2-3 days ago) that you can RW and FF Live TV. I am running this on a Fire TV Stick with the .28 firmware on the Tablo.

I just tested it, started a new channel, let it play for 1 minute, I hit the RW button it went back 20 seconds. I then paused it, I waited 5 minutes, and then when I hit the FF button, it would go forward 30 seconds at a time. It did not jump directly to Live TV.

I suggest deleting the Tablo app on your Fire TV, then rebooting it, and then finally re-installing the Tablo app. (Do this if you're still having problems)

This user was having the same problem as you and the update fixed it:
http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/2074/firetv-time-progress-bar-not-working#latest

@theuser86 Does the updated video player also let you start watching a show from the beginning that you are in the middle of recording?  I have the sideloaded video player running on my fire tv and fire tv stick.  I might remove the sideloaded video player and let the new version install on my fire stick to see how it goes.

@jim1513, yes, the updated player will start a recording from the beginning, even if it is currently being recorded.  I just verified that on mine.  

@jim1513

Yes it does, but if a live TV show is recording you cannot start from the beginning from the Live TV grid / guide. You have to go to Recordings and start the show from there, it does start from the beginning. I tried this today.

@theuser86

Fortunately, all I had to do was reboot again, and the fast forward issue went away.  Like everyone else I can fast forward live TV in 30 second increments (after pausing it, of course), and rewind at 20 second increments.  I am good to go.