Can't connect intermittently, Google Wifi

I recently upgraded to Google Wifi (3 units) from a Netgear R6400 and immediately started having connection issues to my Tablo. My Tablo was working fine connected via Wifi to my Netgear router. I took down my Netgear router and setup the Google Wifi nodes and connected the Tablo to the new router via wifi. That all went fine. As a side note, I reconnected all my other devices and they are working fine. 30 of them.

I then went to my TV (Sony 55 inch X900E), also connected to my Netgear router fine, and swapped it to connect to new router via wifi. Tablo began to work just fine. I then did the same with my phone (Nexus 5X on Android 8.1) but then found when I tried to access the Tablo app I couldn’t connect even though my TV was working fine. Ran out of time in the day so went to bed with TV working fine and Phone not working at all.

Next day I tried my phone and found it had started working. . . but when I tried the TV and it would not connect. I uninstalled the app on both devices and reinstalled and it didn’t help. TV continued to not work and phone worked. I rebooted all devices (TV, phone, router, and Tablo) and it would occasionally work and then stop working. I then plugged in my Tablo to the nearest Google node via wifi and both the TV and the phone worked. I need to give it some time to see if it stays working, but if even if so, anyone have a suggestion for how I can get both Tablo and end point device running only on wifi?

For now the nearest node is in the same place as the Tablo but not sure it is going to stay that way. I have been planning to move the Tablo to a better antenna location which would force me back to wifi. Can the Tablo not work if making multiple hops in a wifi network? Tablo to node, node to second node, then second node to TV/Phone? I would expect a performance degradation, but I wouldn’t expect to not be able to connect to the device even though it is found. Any suggestions? Thanks.