Can you reboot a Tablo remotely?

I’ll say this and leave. I never reboot my Tablo (I actually have two). I’d sort of want to know what causes you to want to reboot your Tablo? I read the OP, I just never have that issue. I’m curious about what the cause is.

1 Like

Couple points, I concure, I’ve only had my Dual Lite just over a couple years, second one over a year and can’t hardly recall when I had to reboot. I would be want to alienate the “need”

As noted, what is “gracefully”? probably not just pulling the plug. Using an app presumes the tablo is otherwise functioning, generally not often an indication for reboot - it could also be the device/app you’re using to access your tablo.

Allowing any user to reboot tablo. In your environment, you may be the master of your tablo. A tablo is actually a multi user device, not sure how many people use cameras interactively. User1 watching a show just find. User 2, not sure what their doing, gets no tuner available because show is recording… “this isn’t working right” clicks reboot and kicks User 1 off and looses recording.

Suddenly a reboot button is a nightmare for some households.

disclaimer: mine doesn’t have any function, or it might update the guide):poop:

I have 3 tablo’s that I’ve owned since 2014. Anyone who who says that, in the early days, the unit didn’t need to have the little blue button pushed to reboot the unit is delusional.

Of course a weak signal use to reboot the unit for you - no reboot button required.

I loved it when the channel scan use to abort and leave the firmware thinking that all the tuners were assigned.

I benefited from this many times. :wink:

Tablo appears to have actually fixed this with the exception of when the signal drops to zero.

About a week ago the engineers at a local station started adjusting/messing with the signal for around an hour. The tablo Roku app nicely retried for 90% of the weak signals. The other 10% I got the challenge question of whether to retry or stop.

This is much better then hdhomerun’s roku and Fire TV app. They just drop out and you have reload the channel.