Can not connect using my phone

I can not connect using my phone in 3G/LTE mode.  I’ve tried all day.  I am home now, and have even tried rebooting the router and Tablo.  Still no connect using 3G/LTE.  I CAN connect using WiFi when I am home.  I have NOT tried WiFi from outside my home yet.  IF it is not working tomorrow while at work, I WILL try WiFi from remote.  I KNOW my internet is good because I streamed a movie from Netflix just to test it.

I’d hate to have to send the Tablo back, but it is beginning to appear not ready for distribution.  In addition to connection problems, @TabloSupport assumes people can do support while they are working.  Tech support should be open to AT LEAST 7:00 PM Central.  I tried to locate a phone number to call, but can’t find it.  Is there a toll-free number?

It is almost time to contact Newegg before I can’t return it. 

Have enabled and tested connect on the setup screen?

Tablo Connect must be enabled for remote viewing.

Read this please:
http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/202200368-Chapter-6-Connecting-to-Tablo-Away-from-Home

It was enabled and I watched remotely at work yesterday.  For TODAY something is happening.  I just got done chatting with Newegg Support @TabloSupport - they have 24 x 7 chat support.  Friday is the last day I can return my Tablo.  I really don’t want to return it, but don’t want a $300 brick either.  Maybe after a year or so Tablo will be ok.  I’m hanging on and hope there is a solution soon.

Are you sure there wasn’t a router reboot and the IP of the Tablo has changed maybe?

For some reason Tablo says it needs port mappings.  All I did yesterday was reboot my router

Go to the Settings page on your Tablo, check the Server IP and see what IP the ports are forwarded to. Likely the IP has changed.

For some reason Tablo says it needs port mappings.  All I did yesterday was reboot my router

That will do it.  It is important to reserve a specific IP address on your router for the Tablo to prevent that from happening.

I was using dhcp reservations.  I played with some settings after setting up the Tablo which left some of the router software unusable.  I ended up doing a reset on the router and now all is back to how it was yesterday.  I still say @TabloSupport needs to at least stay open to 7 PM central time, even if just on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  They could go in later on those two days, or hire additional staff. 

Just got done turning off guest network, and putting DHCP reservations back.  Tested the phone using LTE and it connects!  I take back what I said.  The problem was caused by something I did to my router from the time I first set up the Tablo and today.  I can’t wait for the new Roku interface, and I am KEEPING my Tablo! 

Haha I am glad you changed your mind. Next time don’t be so rash to return the Tablo.

Tablo is even better than Aereo was.  You could only watch your channels when you were in the broadcast market.  With Tablo, YOU can watch YOUR channels no matter where you are in the world, as long as you have internet.

Keep in mind that if your external address changes, you have to repair the device with Tablo, too. In my case, with my 4g router, if it reboots and gets a different DHCP address from the carrier, everything changes. It’s not just your Tablo internal network IP that has to be consistent, it’s the ISP’s address for you that has to stick. Odd that no one seems to mention that fact - if your cable modem or DSL or other device that connects you to the world resets and draws a different IP address, then suddenly your device doesn’t know how to contact your Tablo regardless of internal being the same. Web app should be ok as it goes through my.tablotv.com - their external server which tracks your ISP’s address for you, and your matching internal Tablo address. Tablo the company helps by pairing your WAN address with your private Tablo address. If not for that, you’d have to know your own WAN address and work with that directly, sort of like if you want to VPN back to home - you have to know your external or WAN address to get into your private network. Your “gateway” address would have to be known.

Keep in mind that if your external address changes, you have to repair the device with Tablo, too. In my case, with my 4g router, if it reboots and gets a different DHCP address from the carrier, everything changes. It's not just your Tablo internal network IP that has to be consistent, it's the ISP's address for you that has to stick. Odd that no one seems to mention that fact - if your cable modem or DSL or other device that connects you to the world resets and draws a different IP address, then suddenly your device doesn't know how to contact your Tablo regardless of internal being the same. Web app should be ok as it goes through my.tablotv.com - their external server which tracks your ISP's address for you, and your matching internal Tablo address. Tablo the company helps by pairing your WAN address with your private Tablo address. If not for that, you'd have to know your own WAN address and work with that directly, sort of like if you want to VPN back to home - you have to know your external or WAN address to get into your private network. Your "gateway" address would have to be known.

Interesting.  I have static IPs assigned to both my Tablos. Remote connect will work for about 2 days, but then the two red warnings come up asking my to forward the two ports. Not investigating further at the moment. Making sure all else works perfectly, since I can use plex away from my home network.

Glad that you decided to keep your Tablo @beastman.

And FYI - all of our phone numbers are here: https://www.tablotv.com/tablo-contact/

Including Dave’s personal cell phone if you look really hard… :wink:

Just kidding, I hear they do need to sleep in Canada, too.

If you’re cute & single, he may not mind you calling after hours. Otherwise…  :wink:

My ISP assigns a Dynamic IP but only if the modem or router reboots. My router runs DD-WRT and is quite stable, runs for months without needing a reboot. So this part of the pairing is not that bothersome for Tablo Connect. My devices can usually connect remotely for weeks then if something changes and I cannot pair the device locally, I just re-pair it using a VPN to my home network.

I use NO-IP and have a name registered.  As soon as Roadrunner changes my IP, the updater notifies NO-IP.  @TabloSupport is there someway you can use names instead of addresses since most home users will have DHCP subject to change by the ISP?

The Tablo website knows your IP has changed. If you login into account.tablotv.com it is aware of the new IP. So there is no need to use DDNS services.

It is that after an IP change the device say an iPad needs to be re-paired on your local network to have Tablo Connect work.