Can I pull recorded video files off Tablo?

@cjcox Very cool!

@jestepĀ  I will certainly try that oneā€¦ thanks.

I find that using ffmpeg with the playlist pull is painfully slow.Ā  Not sure why that is.Ā  Essentially doing it that way makes my ffmpeg transcode at 30fps (so a 2hr movie takes 2hrs).Ā  If I do a wget pull of the ts files and batch it that way, I can get thousands of fps and a much faster result.

yes, I saw that too

Itā€™s adequate for playback thoughā€¦ and many things already know what to do with such a playlist of ts files (thus various frontends could work with Tablo without much work).

ffplay is always a nice tool to make one look like an uber geek from the bash prompt, should work with ./ffplay -i http://:18080/pvr/34996/pl/playlist.m3u8

Away from civilization for another week, canā€™t wait to try.

VLC should work with the same address/protocol too, no?

vlc and othersā€¦ yesā€¦ but also appliances, etcā€¦

On a similar note I wanted to switch drives so I just connected the old and new one to a linux machine and copied all of the files directories over and it worked just fine.Ā  All of my recordings worked perfectly on the new drive.Ā  Now of course I had the Tablo format the new drive prior to copying.

This was actually way back in April but if I remember properly I just did a "cp -r * ".

1 Like

Anyone make any progress with this ā€¦ ? just trying to figure out an easy way to map the recording IDs to shows.

I actually stopped working on somethingā€¦ Iā€™m a Linux guy thoughā€¦ so anything I do will require Linux and/or a Plex (PMS) running on Linux.

I stopped working on this because thereā€™s something coming from Nuvyyo.

Yea though I could use something today ā€¦ lolā€¦ i am comfortable with *nix so if you have any hints I would be happy to entertain them ā€¦ lol

Search for AndyW and his - Found a way to copy recordings to Windows and play them - which works well.

Search for AndyW and his - Found a way to copy recordings to Windows and play them - which works well.

I donā€™t use Windows but I will give it a look ā€¦ thanks.

Thanks for the info here on the page I was able to download the video file I neededā€¦ hopefully the *** official *** method is not too far behindā€¦ tip for anyone else when you look at the timestamps on the tablo they are in GMT ā€¦Ā 

Iā€™ve been waiting for this feature before I buy Tablo. Hopefully soon.

Another way is to use the windows application 'Internet Download Manager'.Ā 

Start the recording in a browser - IDM offers to download it for you - Let it, select a path. Done. Once IDM starts downloading you need not keep the window playing the stream.
35min show takes a few minutes to stitch and creates a very large '.TS' file. In this example a little over 1GB. But it plays without problem through VLC.
1 Like
Another way is to use the windows application 'Internet Download Manager'.Ā  Start the recording in a browser - IDM offers to download it for you - Let it, select a path. Done. Once IDM starts downloading you need not keep the window playing the stream.

35min show takes a few minutes to stitch and creates a very large ā€˜.TSā€™ file. In this example a little over 1GB. But it plays without problem through VLC.

I dont use windows but I will see if there is something similar that can be done under OSX ā€¦Ā 

Thanks for the idea thoughā€¦

@cjcox I was hoping you would end up with one of these and work your magic on it. Not surprised that I found this thread by searching yet again on how to export my recordings and I find you here.

@TabloTV You need to hire cjcox, heā€™s THAT good and I wish my employers could afford him.

Have you checked out this thread?

http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/257/api-interface-to-pull-recorded-show-listings-metadata-and-files-off-of-the-tablo

@claflicoĀ  Ah shucksā€¦Ā  thanks for the plug Cory!