Buffering issue with 4K Firestick

My 3 year old Tablo Quad is hard ethernet connected to my TV and is set at HD 720 - 5 Mbps for recording and live TV.

Once a month or so it starts buffering during playback of a recording and will not stop.

I tried re-booting the Firestick, re-booting the Tablo, emptying the cache on the Tablo app and the Amazon Firestick app to no avail.

The only way I can correct it is to uninstall the Tablo app and re-install the app on the Firestick. Then all is well until the next time it happens. This is only recent in the last 3 months and I have not changed or replaced any of my equipment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill in Newmarket

Since it isn’t happening all the time, there may be a problem with electronic interference in the home. For example, a microwave oven running could cause the problem, or a defective lightbulb (especially the LED bulbs that are going out).

I have an issue with a waterpik - when it runs, it creates issues with both wifi and television reception in my home.

Does the problem occur with live TV as well? If yes, try temporarily running your Tablo without a hard drive and viewing Live TV, if the buffering stops then it could indicate a hard drive problem.

Maybe try a different USB hard drive cable as well.

It only happens with live TV occasionally. Thanks for your reply.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.