Buffering is a real problem, might be done with Tablo

Not close to any towers.
Blaming this on signal strength doesn’t wash as I have no buffering problems when the client and server are on same network.

I agree. I didn’t realize this was an old thread and looked back at the beginning. Sorry.

Are all of your Tablos running the same firmware? If so, is it the latest (2.2.30)?

Do you see any difference when using the FULL QUALITY in the remote access settings?

If that’s the case and you’re willing to spend some time troubleshooting with the support team, give us a ring or drop us a note: www.tablotv.com.

I had the same problem using the ROKU as input to my Samsung TV. By trial and error I found that if I use the Samsung Tablo app instead of the ROKU app, the reception is flawless. So, until I come up with a better solution, I watch live TV through the Samsung app, and play back thru the ROKU to get the superior ROKU remote functionality.

Chuck, which Roku device are you using? Some have AC 5 wifi, while many others only operate on the 2.4gHz band. For instance, the new Roku Premier line has only the 2.4 band. The older Roku Premier and Premier Plus+ had both bands and handled streaming much better. In our house, we moved from a Roku 2 to the new Premier and had many streaming issues despite the router being in the same room, separated by several feet. Turns out, the new Roku was seeing over 10 different wifi signals from by neighbors in addition to mine. We switched to a Roku Ultra connected via hardwire, and the problem disappeared. (Our Roku units in other rooms worked fine – but our main TV room was totally “windowed” on 3 sides and did little to attenuate the wifi signals from outside.)

Model 3920 with single band 2.4 GHz discussed in the thread below.

https://community.tablotv.com/t/live-tv-through-roku-has-problems/

It is a 3920. But I’m over it; using the Samsung Tablo app to get live TV, and Samsung has OK Netflix and Prime apps, so I’m good. Thanks, though.

So I called Tablo tech support and spoke with a “Guru”…
AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME.
I and they know there are major issues with their remote protocols on Firesticks.
They just don’t want to admit it in writing (barely, indirectly admitting it verbally).
They believe it’s a latency issue and poor network design of Firestick.
Asked then why I have no issues with other Firestick streaming apps, the response
was because no one else uses the protocols they use for remote streaming.
Seems like the solution is obvious - implement a protocol that works as other Firestick developers have done.
They threw in the poor HW design on the Firestick because I told them I had no issues with their App on running remotely on my Moto G5 Cell and Samsung 10.1 Tablet (circa 2014).
I have too much invested in 6 Firesticks to switch to Roku.
Thumbs down from me on Tablo’s tech support and standing behind their product.

Roku devices do not support remote viewing.

I have no issues streaming remotely on the Fire TV 1st gen. Which Fire TV Stick do you have?

Try the new Chromecast with Google TV.

Remotely viewing? what? Doesn’t Firestick stream content via the internet only? not even from Recast.

I understand you are frustrated with the problems you are encountering, I would be too.

But they are absolutely telling you the truth with the above statement. The Tablo app streams content in a fundamentally different way than most other video streaming apps (I’m assuming when you say other streaming apps you mean apps like Netflix, Prime Video, etc.). From a support perspective they are an apples to oranges comparison.

1 Like

I have got my Tablo Dual Lite 128 GB on board storage directly wired to my router and I am running 5GHZ on everything. I have 400MPS download speed and I have the Tablo app on 3 other TV’s and have never experienced any buffering. I recieved 30 over the air channels with a riff mounted antenna. The only problem I have had with the Tablo is the commercial skip not working correctly. Hope you get this issue solved. I believe it is always better to hardwire all of your devices if possible because wifi can be unreliable at times