Best way to reset Tablo

I have had the Tablo for a few weeks now and I am still working out a few kinks.  We have some buffering issues, where “Loading” comes up quite a bit and many times through a show it will pixelate.  We started out with the Tablo on Wifi, so I got a powerline adapter to run an Ethernet cord to the Tablo.  That didn’t help much, so I just bought a new wifi router, the Asus “Dark Knight”.  That thing is great!  Super fast.  I plan to have the Roku and Tablo using the 5 GHz band (they are in the same room as the router) and everything else on the 2.4 GHz band. 

Now, what do I do to get the Tablo to turn its Wifi back on so I can try the 5 GHz Wifi network?  And then if the Wifi is worse, best way to go back to the Ethernet?  I appreciate all of your help!   

If you have NOTHING at all recorded, press and hold the reset button on the back but don’t do this if you have recordings on the drive you wish to keep and view later.

I simply shut off my old router, then Tablo will appear as it’s own AP again - use a computer and you should see Tablo listed in the wireless resources in your computer’s wireless device list. Once it’s connected it won’t appear as a wireless access point or “Wi-Fi” AP, but if it can’t connect, it turns that feature on again. At least it did for me.
I simply turned off the old router which was my hotspot. 

I thought Tablo was restricted to 2.4

In any case, 5 is quieter but more prone to degradation over distance and through walls. 2.4 is more subject to interference from other Wi-Fi devices but penetrates walls better and doesn’t degrade so far over distance. Sort of like AM vs. FM in a way
5 will go farther but is more prone to loss of strength when it gets closer to its max. 2.4 is stronger up to the limits it can go. So I’d opt for 2.4 unless the house is noisy with Wi-Fi and EFI
5 if you need the greater distance and quiet space due to a lot of interference. 
I’m getting 150-300 Mbps with my 300n router. I did connect tablo over wire to my router and solved a few issues. Speed is much better on the wire. 

Tablo is dual-band, so it supports both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz (wireless N).  

If you want to switch to another wi-fi network, contact Tablo support.  They can do it pretty quickly.  The Tablo doesn’t have a good way of doing it manually.  It lets you choose a network during setup, but then the option goes away.  (A factory reset like ShadowsPapa suggested will work too, but you lose everything)

To switch to ethernet, just plug it in to the router.  That can be done easily by the user.
Tablo is dual-band, so it supports both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz (wireless N).  

If you want to switch to another wi-fi network, contact Tablo support.  They can do it pretty quickly.  The Tablo doesn't have a good way of doing it manually.  It lets you choose a network during setup, but then the option goes away.  (A factory reset like ShadowsPapa suggested will work too, but you lose everything)

To switch to ethernet, just plug it in to the router.  That can be done easily by the user.

Aha - I never saw an option for that, just connect and password, nothing else so assumed it was locked in. Guess that’s another place where some documentation could REALLY help a lot. 

Maybe if they added a jumper or DIP switch to the bottom… like we used to do these things… JUST KIDDING. 

:smiley:

Since we already have a bunch of recordings, I chose to borrow a laptop to test the wifi and Ethernet at the spot where the Tablo is. It was about the same speed. We don’t have many options for fast net around here so I only have 25 mb speed. I’m keeping the power line Ethernet adapter so now I dont need to reset. But if keep having issues I might not have a choice but to reset.