Best way to monitor a Tablo device?

@cjcox

He didn’t seem to like this one when I posted it…

Not true @CycleJ, I thanked you for it and said it’s a good start. Just looking to see if there is something more

Wasn’t trying to be disparaging, but suspect @cjcox will suggest the same link (jogging his memory).

This link should tell you that your Tablo is awake and “sane”, and can retrieve the recording list from internal storage. It won’t tell you if the external drive is working. But it’s a start. I’ve got a copy of the API doc in front of me, and there’s nothing “quick/easy” that tells you more.

PS: if you take @tablosupport up on their offer to join the developer’s group, you’d get access to the API docs, and perhaps could add more info into your Nagios plugin? There are several API methods that return some good info :yum:

Thanks, I just might do that.

Is there a link or something where I need to go?

I think you just need to ask @TabloSupport. The API methods use REST over HTTP and should be easy to invoke from your plugin. I suspect you’ll like what you see.

Hey, @TabloSupport can I get information about getting into the development community?

No, don’t let him in. That would be like letting the bull into the china shop :ox:

Myth Busters demonstrated bulls are actually quite gentle in a china shop. :slight_smile:
Let’em in.

Surely Spunky03 should be able to join as a novice Illuminati. He promised to not reveal any secret signs or passwords. And to assume a new secret name.

Well sort of. There are hacked discovered WAMP calls that don’t require the handshake, etc. that can give you the server status. With regards to the official API, it’s closed… though some people are revealing it. My code is OSS, so I really can’t sign the NDA (and peek) without tainting my code.

@Spunky03 Sent you a DM.