Best option for viewing on a TV

If you add an HDMI port, then it changes the whole dynamic of the device.   You would need a remote to control it, and that just doesn’t fit in with Nuvyyo’s mission of people watching TV on any device.

@snowcat, it may not have to be that way. the current smartphone/tablet app would have an additional feature to act solely as a remote control for whatever is being outputted to the hdmi port. you can still view directly on any device.

Not just a remote…you’d have to build an entire UI from scratch. You’d no longer be leveraging the infrastructure of a client device.

I almost always have my notebook sitting near my chair in the living room. I have also used our phones for streaming to the Chomecast plugged into the TV. Since I rarely ever use my phone for anything else in the evening, it works fine. 

A Fire TV stick will be our next purchase if they release a successful app for Fire TV. 
We’ve use both phones for viewing recordings. We watch TV through the TV so normal TV doesn’t involve Tablo.
Our viewing habits and TV use are likely 150% different than how anyone else here uses/watches TV. We have only OTA TV, and use Tablo strictly as DVR, replacing the functionality of our DVD recorder which years ago replaced the VCR. 
We have no need for anything that doesn’t come to us OTA and have decent reception, refuse to pay any monthly fees just to watch TV and become even more/bigger couch potatoes in our old age than we already are. 
No netflix, no nothing else. Strictly OTA TV from the normal broadcasters, PBS and CBS being among the top viewed. We record what is on either too late, while we are gone, or if there are 2 or 3 decent shows on at the exact same time.
My notebook and our two phones have done well for replay through chromecast which has worked excellent for us… Fire TV stick I’m very hopeful
I WAS going to buy a tablet to take along to the car shows I participate in, especially those states away, figured I could use the native Android app on that for tablo but then they say that the native android app is going to be sunsetted so I may revisit that plan - and not.