Bad reception while using Roku

I’m about 7 to 10 miles across water from 3 of the main network towers and have had no reception problems except a little bit during severe rain and wind - I’ve got a bunch of 100 foot tall fir and cedar trees between the antenna and towers (on my side). This evening, I tuned in NBC on the Tablo to bring up SNF and it was pixelating terribly with constant LPW messages. I have my antenna split between my tv directly and the Tablo so checked the tv and it was coming it fine. I then checked my Android app and it was fine as was Chrome on PC. I went back to the Roku and changed the channel a few times to clear the buffer. I tuned it in again, tried rebooting the Tablo and the Roku and it was still just as bad. Unwatchable. I could just watch it on the tv directly from the antenna but my whole thing is, I like to pause live tv and then come back and ff through the commercials. I’ve even got it down to 3 quick right arrow clicks between plays and skip the inane chatter. Point is, I bought a Tablo to watch live tv so I do those things. Anyway, I decided to chromecast the PC screen to my tv to see how that works and it’s now been over half an hour and not a single blip, beep, pixel in the wrong place - nothing. Perfect. Why do ya 'spose the Roku is getting bad reception while every other device is getting it fine? My specs are available if you click my “I”.

So ended up watching the whole game on Chromecast via PC and didn’t have a single problem. Back to the Roku after that sorry game was over and everything was hunky dory. Maybe there is something to the NFL broadcast conspiracy theory…