Austin TX Tablos

Don’t know what kind of internet you have available there, but if TW expanded it like they did Austin when Google announced they were coming to Austin, you will benefit from a new cable modem, such as the one I just upgraded to. The Arris SB6190. Speed test performed using my S7 connected via WiFi 802.11 AC

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What’s your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2269504192

It’s been a year since GRIT entered the Austin OTA market. No new stations so far in 2017, but keep your eyes open in April as PBS KIDS launches OTA in Austin. While waiting, if you have young kids, you might want to checkout the PBS KIDS app on Roku and other devices and Android phones (most likely iPhone too). No cable TV required. COZI and METV also joined the Austin ORA market, and KBVO massively increased signal strength and can now be seen in most of Austin, if not all.

For those living in San Antonio or us living in South Austin, WOAI has a new channel called Charge. It’s on 4.3 and will be starting soon. My south facing antenna picked it up. It’s another Sinclair / MGM collaboration channel.

Thanks…will rescan at Easter

The other Sinclair station from SA Fox 29 added another sub, TBD. The guide is up on it but nothing I’d really wouldn’t be interested in. I guess KEYE KBVO won’t be adding anything for the Austin market.

KBVO is with KXAN. KEYE is CBS and subchannel is Univision, both of which are 1080, so there is no room for them to add anything. KBVO has room to add but Mark said he hasn’t heard anything.

14, 36, 54 have same ownership and Mark is the Engineer. 42 is CBS and Univision.

Anyone else get this experience with ABC in Austin? So…regular daily programming is perfect. I am calling it “local” for lack of a better term. However, when we watch ANYTHING prime time on ABC in the evening (whether being recorded or not) we get pixelation and delays/skips. It is ONLY at night during prime time. I can only guess that stations are repeating “national” programs. I know that isnt the case but it sure is frustrating.

I get 100% on my signal strength. Again, this ONLY happens at night. I am using a Mohu Leaf antenna but I am just scratching my head here…

Hoping those who know more can educate me as to why or opportunities to improve… it is maddening!

Thanks!

Do you have LED lights at home? Try turning them off and seeing if the reception improves at night.

Interesting thought. However, I would expect that on ALL channels at night, not just ABC. This odd behavior only happens on ABC at night (regardless of recording or not).

No. We dont have LED lights at home…but I appreciate the creative thought process…

Other ideas? Anyone? Bueller? lolz…

Kinda hard to not have LED lights on anywhere in the house.
I can easily walk thru my house at night with all the electronic LEDs lighting my way. :slight_smile:
Now what would be hilarious is if Tablo’s own LED is causing interference.
LOL

Yah…again…it is only ABC, not all Tablo channels. Any interference, regardless of source, should be affecting all channels, not just one…

I have issues with KVUE but with something else. I have a Homeworx PVR. I try to delete the 2 subchannels and rename 24.1 ‘ABC’. After a while it wIll not save it and all 3 stations pop up again. Any future recordings I have set up go away.

If I could pick up KSAT I would watch it instead.

KSAT is a VHF channel. Do you have a VHF antenna?

Well it is time to rescan your channels…19.6 is now broadcasting and is ANTENNA TV. Same programming as WOAI 4.2 in San Antonio if you want a schedule.

@TabloTV Please add 19.6 to the schedule. Can your guide provider simply duplicate the programming that is on WOAI 4.2 in San Antonio? At least I added it to my customized TitanTV schedule, so I can do manual recordings until it is added.

Great news. Now the 2 channels San Antonio has and Austin doesn’t are Charge and Comet. Well, 2 I care about.

BUT Coment is available to stream live on Roku and AppleTV as well as website.

PBS KIDS is coming to 18.4 on April 1, 2017.

@TabloTV currently 18.4 is VME but as of April 1 it woll be PBS Kids as VME provider is ending. Read article. Will guide change automatically since it is KLRU DT-4 still?

19.6 still not in guude. Hopefully soon. Channel just created in database. At least i can use www.titantv.cim for listings.

23.2 shows Fiesta Latina Music Videos, which is really 23.1 and 23,2 is really country music videos in English.

@beastman FYI, escalated this with our guide data provider. Hoping to see some results soon!

23-2 is country music videos (in English)and not Latina Fiesta Music video, which is 23-1.

Not that I would record it, but background noise.