Apple TV Beta Testers?

We’re not quite ready for beta YET but when we are, we’ll let you all know.

1 Like

How 'bout now?

2 Likes

1 Like

I am ready, willing and able! Keep me informed :wink:

Sign me up!

Ok … now?

1 Like

… I’ve already got a test flight account. Just saying for when you’re ready.

@TabloTV

1 Like

Any news on the beta?

I have been testing a beta of the Channels app – which doesn’t currently have full DVR functions but I am finding to be excellent for live TV on Apple TV with pause, fast forward, rewind and program info/details – plus the ability to basically channel surf with a quick guide you can swipe through and channel switching that is super fast. The developer is adding refinements and new features very quickly.

I am looking forward to seeing what the Tablo app experience will bring to the table for Apple TV and how it compares.

1 Like

I actually bought my Tablo because of the announcement that they demo’ed an appletv app at CES. I can’t wait. I have to say though, I have been super impressed with my experience with Tablo on the iPad with airplay.

I had the Broncos game on my ipad in the kitchen while I cooked, and then tossed it onto my tv while we ate.

That being said, I’d also be more than happy to help with a beta. I’m guessing you won’t be short on volunteers though …

pssst…you can send the beta my way now…I won’t tell a soul…:innocent:

I feel like spring is in the air, its a blistering 3 degrees out.

1 Like

Awesome. I have an extra HDHomeRun from my old MythTV. Guess I know what I am doing tonight :grinning:

Thanks . I also have a spare hdhome run I keep just for doing antenna alignments… might be fun to play with…

Third party would be great

Also a registered developer. Count me in!

I’m also a registered developer and bought the TabloTV after the CES annnouncement re: Apple TV support. Currently running Tablo through Plex through Apple TV gen 4. It works but it sucks not having the live TV “grid” and also having Tablo buried in Plex doesn’t help with the WAF. I know…

Ordered a quad Tablo after CES announcement, delivered to my office today. Waiting for the antenna to come in tomorrow to hook it all up. Would love to be part of beta test team.

Any ideas for a interim solution for watching recordings from Tablo on my TV? I’m excluding Airplay because I have the only iOS device at my home.

1. I tried plex but I frequently get buffering issues every 10-15 mins. (maybe my hardware?)
  2. I have an old chromecast but it frequently either a. freezes b. the chromecast stops responding my my N9 (I’m recording at 1080p)
  3. I’m excluding VLC because I’m the only one who could set it up.

What happened to your Nexus Player?

1 Like