Apple TV Beta Testers?

So basically you want Apple TV to act as a chromecast receiver (since you want to hit the chromecast button).

Or in other words, support the google cast protocol.

ah yes, i see what you mean.

Yep, I think apple should concede in that regard. I think it’s better implementation. Too many other advantages with the Apple TV though for my household. I can dream though. It would be cool if there was a “chromecast” app on the Apple TV, I could “cast” to the “chromecast” app.

We all know that won’t ever happen.

I think the native AppStore on the Apple TV will make this less and less necessary as it gets more and more populated. Hopefully AirPlay will continue to improve as I have noticed it has between the last and current generation Apple TV already.

Note: I completely closed my Google Acct and don’t use any of their products anymore, so take all of this with a very large grain of salt.

1 Like

Now that the Apple TV has some Horsepower, I think they should modify “airplay” and when its a hulu show, it should open up the hulu App and not need mirroring (just like chromecast). Same thing with Youtube, netflex, etc.

I agree, it will be less and less necessary. Especially if universal Siri Search is implemented with all apps. Searching youtube sucks right now.

Which case did you get for the remote? I want one. Like their phones, this thing is too darn slippery and breakable.

Thanks.

Only one on the market is from Griffin, its out of stock now though. It’s a solid 4/5, Clicking feels different with the case on but it still works.

1 Like

How’s using the touch surface and the edges after the case is on? Does it block some of the use?

Thanks.

I haven’t noticed any issues. Can you provide an example of a gesture or motion you would use with the edge? The edge is slightly covered (really slightly) by the case but I don’t mind it.

Apple Music, click on the right edge to advance to the next song.

I’ll check after the debate, I’m fairly certain when I “clicked” on the right edge (physical click), it did work.

So everything works with the case on, including skipping to the next song, but there is a different feel. I wouldn’t say the case impedes on the remotes use though. when the case is off there is a notable sound and feel when you click on the touchpad. With the case on, you don’t get the sound feedback or a notiscable “click” when you press down. It still works, just different feel.

At this point, I don’t care too much because the remote is slippery and costs $80 to replace

Ok thanks for checking it out.

Yes, hopefully Tablo is learning their lessons regarding setting improper / improbably expectations for delivery. They have absolutely nothing to gain by announcing dates, or going into great detail about their processes; it hurts them.

1 Like

Love to have the opportunity to get in on this.

I have a shinny new Apple TV 4 and a 4 tuner Tablo. When Your looking for beta testers I’m your guy

1 Like

As we are currently using multiple platform, Android, Roku, iPhone and iPad, we will be more than happy to betatest it on our new Apple TV
Regards,

Count me in i have every device that you can build an app for plus a Tablo 4 tuner . especially interested in a apple tv app and beta testing

Just a note from the OP… I saw the announcement that @TabloTV is showing off their shiny new Apple TV app at CES this week. Unfortunately, I couldn’t make it… but hopefully that means a beta is coming soon? I’m still here and interested. :smile:

Tablotv…please put me on the beta test program TestFlight for testing out the new ATV4 CES 2016 TABLOTV app that you demoed at the show. Thanks!