Apple TV Beta Testers?

PUT ME IN (when it will be available)… I found the airplay between the new appleTV, iPhone and Tablo is kinda weird. It won’t resume or it goes to 0:00 when I fast foward the ads.

So I just got the Apple TV, found a deal for $25 bucks off (would have been $35 if it wasn’t for tax). Decided to jump on it. Still going to hold off on switching but maybe I’ll set it up for kicks. The Nexus for right now is working, just doesn’t have volume control or on/off capabilities.

I hope apple fixes the text input issues.

This was an awesome suggestion. I purchased a “gift card” from eBay as you mentioned, and I’m getting commercial-free Hulu for around $2.25 a month!

1 Like

Glad it worked out for you!

1 Like

I know we aren’t supposed to ask for ETA. But I just want to get a sense of timing. Do we expect the Beta or app to be ready in 2015?

Agree - it would be nice to at least get a general idea of timing expected.

Ok, so I had two items holding me back on a full switch to the apple tv 4th gen.

1. A case for the remote (it costs $80 to replace, I’m getting a case)
  2. The Tablo TV app. (I know about airplay, I’m the only iOS user so that won’t work)

I just ordered the case. I’m ready for the Tablo TV app please :smile: :raised_hand:

We’re crankin’ on it!

5 Likes

Gracias, can’t wait

I’m also waiting for this App. Do you think we’ll have a Beta this year ?.

Ha, Im sitting here with TestFight installed on my Apple TV just waiting… What has two thumbs and wants a Tablo app for Apple TV?

3 Likes

Im pretty much in the same boat…

PLEX appleTV app is out… now just holding for the Tablo app…

I am a Apple App Developer and would be honored to help beta test the New Tablo App…

Any idea when wen could test or see the new Apple 4th Gen App?

I wonder if we can see that App this month ??? :flushed:

So based on the responses, I think Tablo is going to stay tight lipped on timing. I hope things are going well but I think it’s going to take time. I’m exited that it’s in development, sooner the better

yep, I don’t think we will have it ready before a few weeks still.

I’m not very impressed with the new gen of Apple TV especially with the very limited apps we have accessible in Canada. I can’t even get a web browser on it so I’ve had it for over a month now and barely used it.

Would have been better with a Nexus Player it looks like, which would have been 4 times cheaper.

When it’s ready, please add me to the Beta list as well!!! Very Excited about this!

I actually have both at the moment (gadget guy problems). Here is a link where I compare the two. Overall, I’m going to switch to the Apple TV. I’m in the US so no app problems, hope that gets fixed up north. Do you really need a browser on your TV? I just don’t see myself using it.

Basically, the remote capabilities, fast and reliable performance, and potential to be well supported among app developers wins for my household. I’ll miss some things on the Nexus, plus it was so cheap. Luckily I got the apple tv for $25 off which helps.

1 Like

I would use the web browser to play my tablo recordings, just like I do on my PC w/ Chrome, but I agree an app is and will be more convenient.

I’m pretty confident ATV will get better for us Canadians but right now it seems like a pretty useless device because of the lack of “useful” apps.