App skips around within shows on my HP 7 tablet

I’m using tablo on my hp 7 android tablet. I’m able to select a show, and watch about 1-2 minutes before it starts jumping back and forth. It will show about 20-30 seconds, jump forward 2-3 minutes in the show, show 20-30 seconds of that part, then go back to the part it was at before it skipped and showing the next 20-30 seconds then jumping forward again. It keeps doing the skipping back and forth until I give up and go watch the show on another device. The exact same show works fine on all my other devices. Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Which app are you using?  You have three choices with Android tablets. 

1. Native app
2. Web app
3. Chrome browser

If you are struggling with the native app, consider downloading the web app and see if it helps.  It uses it’s own player that may improve performance.

I was using the native app, I tried the web app and it’s looking much better! Thanks!

You’re welcome.  The HP 7 is a pretty low end tablet and may not have the horsepower to run the native tablet app. Since the web app is designed to run on phones, your tablet should handle that just fine.

The web app is more stable at this point than the native app so you should have a much better experience. Once the new Roku channel is finalized we’ll be able to give more love to the native apps. 
You're welcome.  The HP 7 is a pretty low end tablet and may not have the horsepower to run the native tablet app. Since the web app is designed to run on phones, your tablet should handle that just fine.

U R just a wealth of information - a veritable library of things Tablo. And as a lover of cats, you’re ok for that name, too…

That picture is too cool - I’d love to have a copy of the original of that one!

Anyway, thanks for that insight. It would help knowing that for any future troubleshooting with playing. 

You’re welcome.  I just spend way too much time here, so I have picked up a few things.  :wink:

I do love cats as well (have two the same color as the one in my avatar).  What I  really want to see is some snow (it has been too many years since Nashville has has a decent snow).

@snowcat - We’ll be happy to package you up some. It’s -20 CELSIUS (feels like -30 with the windchill) here today. 

For comparison’s sake:

Brrrrrr.  

It was almost 70 degrees F in Nashville yesterday (beautiful day), though possible snow is predicted for next Monday.  

Haha - In Canada we pay big bucks to go south in the winter to enjoy 75-80 degree F weather. People would be wearing shorts & sandals at 70 ;) 

It was 82 here yesterday. I was in shorts… lol :slight_smile:

Thanks for rubbing it in @PhilH 

There are days when I question why I live somewhere that’s so damn cold! 

Cause Ottawa is a pretty damn good place to live.  We have almost everything the big cities have and when don’t Montreal is just a short drive down the road.  I’ve been all over North America for work and can safely say there are MAYBE 2-3 other cities I would live in.

However, when does summer start? :smiley: