Any plans to translate the web interface /apps to Spanish and French soon?

I am not saying it wouldn’t be helpful. But how many DVR products out there support multiple languages?

Another issue is the the Tablo by default records the English audio track of a broadcast, and there is currently no way to record other audio tracks.

I spent many a year adding I18N support to OS’s, system software, and applications.

So I think straight translation can introduce cultural issues.

I think this likely becomes “real” when Tablo grows outside of ATSC North America. Not sure about the need before that happens. We’ll see.

From your perspective - there’s your answer.

:clock12: After :clock1: 3yrs :clock130::clock2: At :clock230: some :clock3: point :clock330: in :clock4: time :clock430: , :clock5: some :clock530: get :clock6: a :clock630: clue :clock7: , :clock730: for :clock8: others :clock830: it :clock9: becomes :clock930: humorous :clock10: :timer_clock: :clock1030: :spiral_calendar: :clock11: :clock1130: . :clock12:

Hey Snowcat since it’s over the air broadcasts…(that’s what OTA means) the channel you’re recording is already broadcasting in the language you want the audio track to be in. Same think with DVR… Roku to name 1 is multi-language and All Smart TV’s with built in DVR’s, Netflix, etc support multiple languages as well… it’s not hard if you think about global markets… not just Ontario.

Hey Zippy, you should know what you’re talking about before posting non-sensical crap online. Written French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, etc doesn’t change no matter where you live. A Brazilian working on Windows 10 in Portuguese can let a guy from PORTUGAL borrow his laptop and he won’t skip a beat… A translation in “International” French, Spanish, etc would do the job…
I can’t wait to read your next excuse not to do it.

djk44883, you’re a classic… troll.

If you could get one of the “Smart TV’s with built in DVR’s” why are you messing around with a tablo? Wouldn’t that solve your issue? Then you could stop trolling as well :poop:

I’ve lived in the most southwest corner of the lower 48 states. I would love the guide from all the stations broadcasting from T.J. to show up in American English

As well as recording audio from an alt stream.

But for you maybe American English can be translated to Canadian English. That way the American movie “The Pacifier” becomes “The Teether”.

Many OTA stations have multiple audio streams. The Tablo can only record in English stereo or English surround sound. So it ignores SAP (not sure how the French/English works in parts of Canada).

Now since the Tablo now supports the choice of two audio tracks (which is a global setting), there might be a way to add more (which would also likely be global). It would be awesome if in the recording option for a show, the particular audio track could be selected, though I don’t think that would work for live tv (except as a global setting).