(Anti) SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM!

Lately several of you have mentioned something to this effect…

So, yesterday we implemented some additional anti-spam measures, put the banhammer down on some spammy accounts and implemented a second authentication process for new accounts.

We’re hopeful this combo will prove to be a good solution moving forward so this place can remain an effective way for you to chat with other users and look for troubleshooting options if you run into any issues.

If not, we may have to implement more hardcore measures.

Thank You… This was much needed…

Could you guys please also consider promoting one of the more trusted / active users on this forum to have the power to remove (or at least hide/move to an unseen category/bad post penalty box) spammy posts… there are times when you guys are not working and at home with your families (shocking I know… lol) … and a “community” admin could be of benefit for the rest of us.

@ericgus I second!  @TabloTv I think this is a great suggestion.

Hahaha… Nice image! 

If we do continue to find spam slips through the cracks, we’ll likely take the step of selecting and creating a few mods. 
Could you guys please also consider promoting one of the more trusted / active users on this forum to have the power to remove (or at least hide/move to an unseen category/bad post penalty box) spammy posts.. there are times when you guys are not working and at home with your families (shocking I know.. lol) .. and a "community" admin could be of benefit for the rest of us.

+1

Weekend SPAM is slowing creeping back.   Time to unleash Snowcat!

@TabloSupport and @TabloTV, how about if a message is flagged like 3 times you hide it, that way at least they just don’t show up here??

“Moderator Kitteh, Activate!”

Cool, thanks!  I will do my best to kill the spam around here.

Thanks @snowcat! We’re also looking into even more aggressive anti-spam measures.

I killed my first spam today. [-X

I deleted 2 yday - if we’re counting :-bd