Another Tablo site?

Often a site that mirrors another site is used as part of a phishing attack. They send out bulk email hoping you click on the link and login. Unfortunately many users do not use proper password management and use the same password for multiple services (like email).

Tom

It's not a scrape, it's a pull.  I've used Vanilla forums in the past, it's pretty easy to grab everything (and I do mean everything).

tomato/ tom-at-toe … regardless its still weird and should be stopped … but I am still thinking its for someway into tricking search engines to rank their content higher more than any specific nefarious purposes of tricking users and get money from the all mighty google ad-words cash cow.

Google doesn’t appreciate such tactics and if reported, often will penalize such sites. 

Often a site that mirrors another site is used as part of a phishing attack. They send out bulk email hoping you click on the link and login. Unfortunately many users do not use proper password management and use the same password for multiple services (like email).

Tom

the only thing that makes me thing it might not be (though it could) is the domain name isnt “tablo like” … i.e. tabldvr or something …

Google doesn't appreciate such tactics and if reported, often will penalize such sites. 

Yup … I hope someone reports it … or have reported it.

We sent them a nastygram. We’ll see if that works. 

If not…

I just went to that site, and it is now blank.