Android app syncs for a long time and then crashes

I have no problem connecting to the Tablo with any of my 4 PCs. Neither of my 2 Android TV boxes will work. 1 of them wouldn’t connect at all. The other one connects then syncs for about an hour and then crashes. I’ve tried rebooting. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app and can’t seem to get it to work. It gets stuck at syncing until it crashes every time.

I don’t have an Android TV, but when Tablo “syncs” it creates a lot of cache data. Not sure how much memory Android TV has, but maybe if you clear the cache? Just a suggestion.

How many recordings do you have? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Which Android TV devices are you using?

I don’t have any recordings. I am just setting everything up. It has only recorded one show which I watched by using a pc and deleted after watching it. I have cleared all of my junk files. I did try setting it up on my android phone since it was on my wifi and that worked fine. Both Android TV boxes don’t want to cooperate.

I resolved the issue by using a pc to run the app for my TV in the living room. I took that Android TV box and moved it to the other TV and finally got it to work. The older Android box is just a dual processor and doesn’t appear to have enough power to run the app (although Sling TV works fine on it).

@townstra - The units will need to be running Android 4.1 at least. We do all of our testing on Nvidia Shield and Nexus Players so if it’s not one of those boxes, there may be issues we’re unaware of.

1 Like