All recordings prevented since 2.2.26 on my 2-tuner model

They are scheduled, and in the Coming Soon list, but then nothing records. No errors. No nothing.

Same unit, USB stick, schedule, etc for years. Only recent change is 2.2.26.

Pre-2.2.26 recordings still play fine.

Live TV does still buffer/rewind normally.

Any suggestions?

If you haven’t rebooted everything (Tablo and router), I would do that first.

If that doesn’t work, then I would unschedule and reschedule all your shows.

Agree with @snowcat , unplug everything and then plug in the modem and let it come back up, then do the router, and then the Tablo. This has happened to me before, and it has fixed my issue.

Are you actually using a USB stick / key with your Tablo? Or is it a USB hard drive?

For years. I only schedule recordings of local news/sports/weather broadcasts, only on one channel, and only watch fresh recordings.

64GB USB3 SanDisk flash stick, used with “Auto-Delete Recordings” mode is perfect

( when the software works as designed ).

If you are really using as flash stick, didn’t the tablotv we site state:

"The following types of storage are NOT supported by Tablo OTA DVRs and may result in failed recordings or frequent buffering:

USB Flash Drives (AKA Memory Sticks, AKA USB Keys)
Network-Attached Storage (NAS)
Internal drives in external enclosures"

So maybe release 2.2.26 finally started working as designed.

Thing is live buffering and new test recordings work well. The existing schedule is just being ignored. I though incorrectly this had been established with clarity.

Everyone appreciates your thoughtful insight.

Aren’t non-manual scheduled recording ignored if you don’t have a subscription or a disk?

It seems like this has been true for a long time and this information is available on the settings page.

You might try deleting all of your scheduled recordings and then go back in and schedule them again.

Did you every get this addressed? I was having similar issues with scheduled recordings not happening. I looked in the TV Guide (under Live TV) one day, the shows were showing as scheduled. The next day, I would look at the same spot in the guide data, and the scheduled spots would switch to “To Be Announced” and then the recording would not occur. I wrote support and they said they would check with the TV guide data provider, and gave me a workaround to manually schedule the recordings. Never heard back from support again on the ticket I opened.

It should be said that, while I appreciate the workaround, if I have to manually schedule everything, what is the benefit of paying Tablo for the TV guide data?

This is what worked for me. After 2.2.26 is verified installed go to Settings > Update Now (in the Guide section). Says it was updated? Doesn’t matter. Click Update Now and keep doing a few more times for good measure. After 15 minutes, go to your “Coming Soon” list and it should populate with your schedule like 2.2.22.

Fingers crossed.

Not supported I believe, but snapper timeline scrubbing compared to most USB 3 spinning media. Scrubbing through playback of 720p is instantaneous on gen 1 hardware. Downgrading to a fast USB 3 solid state solution stick is an upgrade if you don’t store much, and let auto-delete work its magic. You should try it and compare.

No. This has never been true.